Other than Grolsch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henny

Reaction score
Are there any beer makers out there that sell their beer in either the grolsch size (15 oz) or the big liter size flip top bottles?

I have found it is cheaper to buy the bottles full of beer than empty :D

Not that I know of. There is beer for sale lately in my area that are 12oz swingtops, but at $1.99 each, that makes for some expensive bottles!

Grolsch are 16.9oz about 500 mL

Ikea has 34oz clear swing tops for $1.99 each.. but they are clear

or you can just go to Germany, just about everything is in 500mL swingtops

I wish there were an easier way to get ahold of some of these. I just keep buying Grolsch for $6.99/4 pack... The beer is OK, but the bottles are fabulous.

Fischer LaBelle and Salvator to name a couple. Go to Bevmo and go crazy, they have many that are swingtops. Look for German and French beers, also some Belgians.

If you have a LHBS then it is likely they have Glosh style brown bottles for sale in 16 and 24oz styles... my local also has 32oz styles but they are only sold in sixers and cost a blood fortune... also search the net for them

cheers

+1 on looking for German and other foreign brews. A good bottle store can probably get a good selection from their distributor. Monschoff is another brand besides those listed above, plus I've had several other brands but don't recall them off hand. All are 500ml amber bottles.

There are a lot of German breweries selling at least one of their brews in flip top bottles. Check your local stores, dig a little bit ... there should be plenty (but might have to pay the price for them)

Sweetwater Brewing bottles some seasonal beers in brown 1 liter flip tops. I got a Festive Ale for Christmas that was yummy. I think the Happy Ending also comes in the 1 liter flip top bottles.

I got my Grolsh Bottles from the Local Bottle Recycler. They sell them for $4 per Doz. Most have the rubber seal that is still good. LHBS sells the seals for the ones that I want to replace. They do need some serious cleaning when from the recycler.

dp

I got my Grolsh Bottles from the Local Bottle Recycler. They sell them for $4 per Doz. Most have the rubber seal that is still good. LHBS sells the seals for the ones that I want to replace. They do need some serious cleaning when from the recycler.

dp

Me too. Before I started kegging, I bought 300 or 400 bottles from the recycling depot for about $65. Apparently, they won't deal with them because of the hardware on the bottle, so they often end up just getting tossed. They actually were happy to sell them to me, and even stockpiled them for me for about a year (I would go in every now and then to pick up more).

dp

I do the same thing, i can get em for $3 per dozen up this way(.25 each). They pretty much save them for me. X2 on the cleaning, couple bouts of oxyclean though and they're good as new.

For the replacement gaskets, i find the LHBS's prices are a bit high. What kind of price can you get em at? i'd like to buy some in bulk to make the price lower but seems the cheapest way is online over the boarder.

OH, and Fischer beer comes with the swingtops....they're 500ml bottles and are amber color. I use them and the Grolsch. :rockin:

Back