priming/carbonation tabs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brackbrew

Reaction score
I searched the forums for threads about priming/carbonation tabs, but didn't see any info that would help me. I've seen two different brands of carbonation tabs now (coopers and l.d. carson, I think) and I'm thinking about using them to carbonate my next batch (cream stout) when I bottle in about a week and half. Has anybody used them with or without success? Am I safer using corn sugar?

brackbrew said:
I searched the forums for threads about priming/carbonation tabs, but didn't see any info that would help me. I've seen two different brands of carbonation tabs now (coopers and l.d. carson, I think) and I'm thinking about using them to carbonate my next batch (cream stout) when I bottle in about a week and half. Has anybody used them with or without success? Am I safer using corn sugar?

I think one of the brands is out of production. I think it is primetabs, coopers are still around. I used primetabs once and it wasn't fun. You drop them in and you get raging foam a second later. Cap that sucker quick. :D

I don't see a problem using corn sugar or better yet DME.

I use Cooper's drops because I don't bottle much, just for trading. Haven't had any problems, but I would think they are too expensive to use in a full batch.

Back