Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my Pyment ....13% and next time I am getting a PH reading cause this is very sharp

pyment.jpg

A little over 20%: OG 1.167; FG 1.115. I step fed the original must 4 times, and when the yeast finally gave up I back sweetened. It's smoooooooth, barely an alcohol taste (even my wife agrees, and that's saying something). It's very enjoyable right now even though I started on 12/4/16.

Star Berry Lemon. I used Lemon Verdana instead of real lemons in an effort to avoid the acidity. For anyone using lemon verdana be warned: it's stronger than you think. After 6 days it had a distant lemon taste; I pulled it 8 days later (14 days total) and it was too strong (14 days). I think 9 or 10 days would be perfect. Luckily I had 750m straight blueberry remainder from the original batch that I could add to dilute the lemon. Tastes real good.

Star Berry Lemon.jpg

That is one unusual bottle. Love the color in the mead. How many pounds of honey did you use to get that color, or was the honey naturally dark?

That is one unusual bottle. Love the color in the mead. How many pounds of honey did you use to get that color, or was the honey naturally dark?

That's a whiskey bottle. Lots of beautiful whiskey and tequila bottles.

The color didn't come from the honey (although, some did I guess). The color really came from the rose hips. It's one of loveofrose's BOMM recipes, very tasty. About 7 lbs per 2 gallons, finishes at around 15.5% with Wyeast 1388, very sweet - 1.018. I wanted something sweet to showcase the honey - the honey is delicious.

Decided to put on an Abbey Spiced Mead before I left on a work trip. I missed judged the water level and over filled it a bit.
17992233_140671646469555_1169854259892078011_n.jpg

Yes, my stir plate does have an illuminated Darth Vader "Dark Side" on/ off switch. Doesn't yours?

It took it over 24 hours, but I finally have an active ferment! Good thing for the blow off tube!
18010378_142619169608136_8147000128199380341_n.jpg

Easy Mead, following a recipe. Dry as a bone (.995). After adding of the Campden I might backsweeten, depends on the taste in two months. VERY tart now.

20170528_132239_HDR.jpg

Nice color on that one. I slice up a little ginger root with my pineapple. Recipes vary but it's always 'A lot of pineapple, a little ginger.' Looks like you made a good mead.

1st - 5 gallons of Traditional Med Sweet Mead
bottled at 7mo

2nd - 5 gallons of JAOM bottled at 6mo

:tank:

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

I couldn't tell ya! A friend of mine saved them from a bachloreete party. They are from some French white wine. I'm definitely recycling those for another few batches.

Back