My Wife Rocks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Germey

Reaction score
So I get a call from the wife who is out impulse shopping with my 4yr old son today. She's at Homegoods (a clearance store for crap in the home) and she says "would you have any use for a 60qt kettle? They have a few here for $32."
:rockin::ban::rockin:
I have yet to see the thickness, but, since it was marked down from $120, it's safe to assume it's aluminum. I thought I was badass finding the instawares 60qt for $75.
The whole story is that she doesn't like the keggle. Frankly, I don't either and will be selling it now.
$20 local pickup to anyone in SD. The top's cut off (round, clean, and smooth) but no spigot on it yet.

So I get a call from the wife who is out impulse shopping with my 4yr old son today. She's at Homegoods (a clearance store for crap in the home) and she says "would you have any use for a 60qt kettle? They have a few here for $32."
:rockin::ban::rockin:
I have yet to see the thickness, but, since it was marked down from $120, it's safe to assume it's aluminum. I thought I was badass finding the instawares 60qt for $75.
The whole story is that she doesn't like the keggle. Frankly, I don't either and will be selling it now.
$20 local pickup to anyone in SD. The top's cut off (round, clean, and smooth) but no spigot on it yet.

What is it you don't like about the instaware 60 qt. pot? I sold mine about year ago and just upgraded to 160 qt. ones

Post Pictures (The kettle not the wife)
Well, I asked if she would pose with it. She just gave me one of those "you need a 12-step program" looks.
I am very pleased. It's 1/8" thick as opposed to 3/16" on my existing one. It's a hair wider at the top, a little taller, and slightly tapered, but otherwise identical. Oh, except for one major difference. This one came with a lid, that also fit my existing one!
IMG_4288.jpg

To add to the general goodness, you may notice that I'm drinking Stone's 12 Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. It is delicious.
IMG_4289.jpg

What is it you don't like about the instaware 60 qt. pot? I sold mine about year ago and just upgraded to 160 qt. ones

I love it. I am selling the Keggle.
IMG_4290.jpg

I found adding a spigot to the thick aluminum so easy. I drilled a 3/4" hole with a cheap step bit from Harbor Freight, then forced the nipple through, cutting threads on the way.

C'mon, who wants a keggle with most of the work done?

I work in Sorrento Valley and would be happy to toss it in the back of the car on a day I am driving (I usually take the train)

Well, I asked if she would pose with it. She just gave me one of those "you need a 12-step program" looks.
I am very pleased. It's 1/8" thick as opposed to 3/16" on my existing one. It's a hair wider at the top, a little taller, and slightly tapered, but otherwise identical. Oh, except for one major difference. This one came with a lid, that also fit my existing one!
IMG_4288.jpg

To add to the general goodness, you may notice that I'm drinking Stone's 12 Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. It is delicious.
IMG_4289.jpg

Can you get that going on the glass cook top? I have one of the 20 quart models and it takes a while to get that going using the two burner method. I've been thinking about doing full boils, but I wasn't sure if the cook top could handle something larger.

Can you get that going on the glass cook top? I have one of the 20 quart models and it takes a while to get that going using the two burner method. I've been thinking about doing full boils, but I wasn't sure if the cook top could handle something larger.
That was just a nice place for the photo. I am banned from brewing in the house and much happier in the garage with a turkey fryer anyway.
I would not put something that heavy on the glass stove myself.

You never said what exactly you don't like about the keggle... I'm very curious because I'm about to build one...

You never said what exactly you don't like about the keggle... I'm very curious because I'm about to build one...

Heavy, not straight sides, doesn't sit on turkey fryer well, aluminum pot seems to heat up faster (may be due to wide base covering more area around the flame).
I never got around to putting a weldless spigot on it, but i really like that I was able to use a cheap Harbor Freight step bit to put a 3/4 inch hole in the thick aluminum and then force the nipple through, cutting threads as it went.

Back