N00b in Maryland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Dean

Reaction score
I hail from Frederick MD, USA.

I know what an EAC is. :)

I'm new to the craft, I own no equipment and I have not brewed a thing. But I'm a geek at heart and I research everything before I do it for the first time.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, and thank everyone in advance for the advice I'll get. :)

Welcome!

There are plenty of us Marylanders out here, so check around for possible meetups and brew togethers.

This place will certainly assist in all questions. In the meantime, check out the wiki. There should be enough there for your research to get started, but as always, there's plenty of people willing to help out with questions.

Search around a bit as well. There are dozens of posts regarding what equipment to purchase for a new brewer, so you can get all your answers without having to wait for a reply.

Hello. Since I just joined up here yesterday, let me say welcome! I'm in upper NW DC, so real close to MD. (hell, anywhere in DC is close to MD for that matter). Cheers!

wassup dude!

Maryland is getting strong, and since DC is surrounded by MD, I include that as well :D

There is a **** ton of information to read here. I read for a month, and started....it's an addiction.

Is Brewer's Alley still open up dere in Fredneck?

Yeah, Brewer's Alley is still open and there's now a microbrew called Barley and Hops that's here as well.

They've each got strong and weak points... But at least they both have growlers. :)

And for the record, else someone assume I'm a fredneck, I live here, but I'm a transplant from Michigan. :p (I don't admit I lived in Kentucky for two years)

I never assumed you are a fredneck....I just said fredneck in general

Back