Line cleaning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpuf

Reaction score
Being relatively new to kegging, I'm wondering if my line cleaning regimen is up to snuff. Here's what I'm doing. When I finish off a keg, I clean it and then fill it with idophor solution. After it sits for a while I pressurize it and dispense a half gallon or so through the tap. Then I pop the keg off, leaving the solution in the line till I tap the next keg. (and toss the first glass) Is this kosher?

Thanks,
John

jpuf said:
Being relatively new to kegging, I'm wondering if my line cleaning regimen is up to snuff. Here's what I'm doing. When I finish off a keg, I clean it and then fill it with idophor solution. After it sits for a while I pressurize it and dispense a half gallon or so through the tap. Then I pop the keg off, leaving the solution in the line till I tap the next keg. (and toss the first glass) Is this kosher?

Thanks,
John

That's what I do. But I have a dedicated keg filled with solution and under enough pressure that I can carry it up to, or down to my tappers and flush the tap line. Then I let the line sit with solution and do the same as you with the first draw.

Back