secondary fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as its sealed light it should work. But you'll get some yeast at the bottom and may not be able to us the bottling bucket afterwards to bottle. If you don't have something else to use I would suggest not transferring to a secondary and just let it sit another week in primary.

Yeah why not? Go to lowes and spend $3 for a new bucket +$1 for the lid so you can use your bottling bucket for bottling if you want.

You don't really need to use a secondary fermenter. There's no reason for it unless you're adding fruit or something after primary.

Really? I read somewhere the secondary is kind of an old fad/not really practiced anymore. Didn't know if that was true or not.

It's not necessary, but it's not a bad thing either. Some people find that their beer clears a bit better if they secondary. In your case I'd go without the secondary.

Back