What do you pay for a Pint of Pliny?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It pays to frequent a establishment and then ask them to get you items that you can't find. I live around the corner from La Mesa Market and he actually called up Russian River and pestered them to let him get their beer. He eventually wore them down and they relented.

I'm looking forward to the NHC, my wife...not so much.

hahaha I think my girlfriend is the exact same way. "Have fun honey"

Pliny the Younger was $15 for 10oz at several Philly bars. I think most of it was going to charity, but still....

whats the big deal about this beer? i cant find it around here and everyon always talks about the damn stuff

When I first had it a few years ago, it was amazing. The aroma was unbelievable, like sticking your nose in a bag of hops. And the hop flavor was very intense without being ridiculously bitter. It was like this perfect meld of hops. At the time I had never tasted anything like it, but now it's just not that big of a deal for me, which is another reason that I was questioning the price. It's still a great beer, but I have found IIPA's that are as good or better out there.

Here in SF:
$4.49 a bottle (500ml = 16.9 oz) retail at a liquor store [availability can be hard though]; one bar sells the bottle for $6 ($1 cheaper at happy hour), and another place sells it on draft for $5 or so for a pint.

Yeah $7 is steep..but it sounds like supply & demand.

Back