Keezer/Kegerator Accessories cheap and easy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGeek

Reaction score
So, I'm still working on my Keezer build however having to wait for several hours between coats of stain, sealant and for parts to arrive, I decided I should work on making my keezer a bit more appealing to the eye, otherwise swmbo won't be too happy with it going in the house. So! Here are a couple of quick and easy tap handles and name plates I did to accent the keezer.

Tools List
Power Drill
Sponge Brush

Parts List
Prefab Wooden Kegs $3
Prefab Lathed Candleholders $3
Prefab wood Plaques 4x6 $2
1/4" wooden pegs $1
wood glue $1
Magnet strips $2
stain (left over from keezer collar build)
sealant (ditto)
Chalkboard Paint $4
2x Tap handle inserts $5
Total: $21

A visit to my local hobby shop, Hobby Lobby got me some really cool looking wooden Kegs and I bought some candle holders to act as tap handles. It was as easy as drilling a hole in each and using wooden pegs with wood glue to affix the two together, then a couple coats of stain and Viola! classy looking tap handles. I have handle inserts on order from Midwest that should be here in a couple of days. I also picked up some prefab wood plaques that were about 4x6. Stained these and once they're dry, I'll apply Chalkboard paint. I also affixed some thin magnet tape to the back for easy writing/moving.

completed handle

completed chalkboard

These not only match my keezer's collar, but I think they will look really nice. And for someone like me who barely managed to make straight cuts for my keezer collar, it was a great alternative to handcrafting something. Just over 20 bucks, got me 2 tap handles and 2 signs, not a bad price!

Back