Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only smelled Black Label...ugh

I apologize for some previous posts. My phone is uh...drunk or something.

Icehouse. Yuk! That was a 15 year old memory, but have never wanted it since. One of my fraternity bros always insisted on getting a keg of this sh*t every now and then like it was his all time favorite brew (actually rolling rock was his fav "fancy" beer). Those were never good nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Tin Mill brewery in Hermann MO made a wine IPA that I paid seven dollars for a pint. I didn't realize it actually had wine in it. Tasted worse than any of my homebrew flubs.

25 Years ago when I was a kid in college a bunch of us took a road trip up to the UP to go skiing. Money was tight. We arrived at 11 at night after a 8ish hour drive and there was pretty much just a gas station open. Red White and Blue was on special by the case. If I remember right it was cheaper than Coke. It came in a can.

Got the the motel room, opened up a can, it smelled like warm cat piss mixed with vomit. It was warm. It was terrible. We stuck the cans in a snow drift outside the door and waited 30 minutes. Even nearly frozen it smelled terrible. I tried to chaok a can down. I couldn't. It was truly terrible.

A local restaurant/brewpub had been pushing a pale ale they are calling Local 117. Don't know how they did it, but it tastes like artificial grape flavouring. It is terrible, everyone I know who has tried it has said about the same.

Probably a strawberry flavored one I had a few years back, pretty sure it was from Magic Hat; my buddy had a Jack Russel terrier that was notorious for knocking over bottles set on the floor so he could get a taste; even the dog wouldn't drink the strawberry! Also recently picked up a bottle of Sam Adams Thirteenth hour; ( a beer I loved and had many time prior) - apparently this one got skunked - ruined me one this brew for life.

In Northern Ireland we have a beer called Harp. All the marketing really pushes it as the quintessentially Northern Irish thing to drink - the slogan is 'It's our thing'.

It is utterly, utterly terrible stuff. Bland, overly fizzy, awful crap. If you ever find yourself in Belfast or its surroundings, don't ever drink Harp.

:eek:Rolling Rock, Keystone, Busch, Busch Light, Natural Light, Natural Light Ice, and pretty much anything sold in a 40oz that you can buy at the gas station.:eek: I learned a lot in college. None of it was in the classroom but at least I walked away knowing what good beer was. :)

For me it's Corona. I don't know what hops they use but it tastes awful to me, can't stand the stuff.

I'll one up you and say Corona Light. If you think Corona is bad, imagine pouring out half the bottle and filling it back up with water. That's Corona Light. Not even a lime can make that beer palatable.

Brooklyn Sorachi Ace. I had one at the winter Beerfest in Columbus. Of the 35 or so beers that I sampled, it was the only one that I dumped. I can't recall ever opening a beer and then dumping it because it was bad.

Brooklyn Sorachi Ace. I had one at the winter Beerfest in Columbus. Of the 35 or so beers that I sampled, it was the only one that I dumped. I can't recall ever opening a beer and then dumping it because it was bad.

Wow, I am surprised to read this. Saw that beer highlighted on "Brew Dogs" paired with some food and touted as a pretty good beer.

I recently got some beer in a trade and the IPA from a certain brewery had terrible off flavors. I emailed the brewery about it and they said that they had a boil issue and are in the process of sending me a lot more of the corrected beer. Beer karma points to them!

Buckhorn Beer. One of my compadres dad owned a Lone Star distributing co. They couldn't sell the dented cans and any time I helped him out at the shop, lots of dented cans were found? Lots of Buckhorn beer cans were found with dents one day. My head still has a dent! Did they use the water straight from the River Walk?

I remember Buckhorn. (I search this thread to see if anybody had mentioned it yet) We used to pay 99¢ for a six-pack when I was in college.

Last year I bought a "mystery 6-pack" at Andy's Liquor, and it had a can of Bud Light Chelada with Clamato. It took a couple of weeks for me to get the courage up to drink it. It was pretty bad, but not nearly as bad as I imagined it.

Backwoods Brewing (small place in Carson, WA) has some great beers. One, the Clearcut, tastes like they added pine needles into the beer. That's the only one I didn't like out of their selection. The overpowering pine taste killed it for me. It was way too strong. Like sucking on a beer covered Tree air freshener.

Wow, I am surprised to read this. Saw that beer highlighted on "Brew Dogs" paired with some food and touted as a pretty good beer.

It is a pretty good beer. Not sure how it could have possibly made this thread when there are literally hundreds if not thousands of worse beers out there.

In college, I bought a 12 pack of Falstaff once. It was like $5. Even as a poor college student, it was bad enough that I never bought it again (but of course I finished the twelver).

Funny to see Icehouse mentioned. It is horrible, but for some ungodly reason seems to be the cheap beer of choice in my part of the world. I'm a runner and when I go for runs on the country roads around town, I see Icehouse cans in the ditch much more than any other beer. Like, way more. And it's almost always the 24 ouncers.

In Northern Ireland we have a beer called Harp. All the marketing really pushes it as the quintessentially Northern Irish thing to drink - the slogan is 'It's our thing'.

It is utterly, utterly terrible stuff. Bland, overly fizzy, awful crap. If you ever find yourself in Belfast or its surroundings, don't ever drink Harp.

I'm guessing that's the same as the Guinness-made Harp? Generic Euro lager, but still better than most American lite swill.

Probably a strawberry flavored one I had a few years back, pretty sure it was from Magic Hat; my buddy had a Jack Russel terrier that was notorious for knocking over bottles set on the floor so he could get a taste; even the dog wouldn't drink the strawberry! Also recently picked up a bottle of Sam Adams Thirteenth hour; ( a beer I loved and had many time prior) - apparently this one got skunked - ruined me one this brew for life.

There are few of Magic Hat's beers that I can tolerate. There aren't any that I enjoy and I don't know any of my friends who like Magic Hat, either. I'm wondering if the brewer has a rich uncle or something.

Urban Chestnut Zwickel - supposed to be a high end pilsner, but it tasted like a phenolic belgian beer.

I'll one up you and say Corona Light. If you think Corona is bad, imagine pouring out half the bottle and filling it back up with water. That's Corona Light. Not even a lime can make that beer palatable.

In my early days of drinking, I kept noticing that Corona beers were all served with lime wedges in the neck. I finally asked someone drinking one 'Why the lime?", and this was his answer:

"You have to do something to it to make it not taste like $#!†."

:rockin:

My personal least-favourites:

Moose Head
Pilsner Urquell
anything with fruit or spices in it

:D

They serve that here in the US too. I kinda feel bad for sorta liking it now... Haha.

My least favorite beer? Pabst. That is literally the worst anything I have ever tasted.

Oh, and I have seen a couple of people mention Hamm's as being terrible. According to my father, it was way different if you went to the brewery and had it on draft. He did that and then told them how bad it was in a can in Iowa. They had a big investigation to figure out what happened.

I take my icehouse vote back. There was some brew Brooklyn brew that my bro-in-law and I had a couple years ago. Worst beer I've ever had hands down. Down the drain for most of the 6-pack, and that never happens. If I can remember the exact one I'll post it. Tasted like way under-fermented vomit beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Corona had a few years of popularity when I was living in the Netherlands, tried it once and avoided any beer sold in clear bottles since.

Dutch lagers have boring down to science as do Finnish ones.

Worst are oranjeboom and lapin kulta that have barely any taste and still make you sick from additives..

Ps. Urquell? You're really spoiled if that is your worst.

I am just not a fan of pilsners in general, and I remember distinctly not liking PU a lot.

Back