Wyeast Activator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRFeldman79

Beverage Consultant/Sales Rep
Reaction score
so i activated the pack around 3pm yesterday, but unfortunately couldn't actually brew as planned. Last minute realization basically...

So I'm wondering if I can go ahead and use it today, about 28 hours later, as is...

Yeah it will be fine. go ahead and brew. I take it that it puffed up ok. No starter?

Puffed up ok indeed. No starter though, I really need to get a starter kit and start making them regularly.

Depending on your SG you might not need a starter all the time. But looks like your doing an American Wheat, whats your SG

Puffed up ok indeed. No starter though, I really need to get a starter kit and start making them regularly.

If you don't have a starter "kit" you can still make starters very easily. Put your boiled dme and water solution in a cleaned and sanitized 2 liter coke bottle and put aluminum foil on top. Every couple of hours sanitize the coke bottle lid and screw it on then shake it up. It's better than going without a starter.

You wont need a starter for that anyway although it would be nice. I think everyone around here goes with one being used if its heavier then 1.060

Back