Whole house sound system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergears

Reaction score
OK, maybe not the whole house but, say, three rooms.

Nothing fancy, central control point, wireless speakers, medium sound quality, a rather small music collection... no need for video capapbility.

Anybody with experience with such?

I may want to build something like that after New Year's...

You don't have to go wireless. I ran speaker wire all over my house through the attic and basement. Wireless would be easier, but much more expensive. Also, wireless speakers have to be plugged in electrically.

simplest set up:

Remote speakers in four corners of each room, curtains, furniture will help deaden and reduce echoing, have the unit in one of the rooms, with the speakers mounted up high and pointing downward you'll be able to utilize as much space as possible without taking up too much room....

You might be able to set it up so that the volume is adjustable in each room, however that might require more than one system.

I can draft you up some room blueprints for the installer, feel free to shoot me the measurements of the room (if you so please).

The only downside is that the remote speakers are going to require some type of power supply (Battery, or outletted), so they have to be easily accessible.

BraeHaus, nice offer but this is a 76-year old house...!

(even though we have some of the electrical blueprints of the day..with mark-ups and everything... )

Without attic or crawlspace access wireless is of course your simplest solution. I have wired a couple of my houses over the years and it is pretty easy to do wired. In addition Leviton which is available at Home Depot has some great products for networking, cabling, and other such products for home use.

Back