Serving Homebrew at a Wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdf191

Reaction score
Brewing 20 gallons of Homebrew for an upcoming wedding. I will have them kegged in cornies and ready to go.

I have been throwing around idea's on how to "present"/serve the beer... Sure I can just to the normal plastic faucet head...but then it just feels like any kegger.

Since its a wedding I would love to make it a little more classy. I have thought about building a wooden board with mounted shanks and faucets... or something along those lines.

The kegs will not be in a kegerator.. simply in ice and exposed.

Has anyone set anything up like this before, or have any ideas/ pictures?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!

Lot's of people have done similar builds before. One of the first such ideas was BierMunchers rolling kegerator-

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/biermunchers-rolling-kegerator-byo-published-71719/

There are a few builds here that basically have a wooden plank to mount the faucets/shanks to, and then a wooden enclosure to hide the buckets with kegs and ice in them.

Here's a cool jockey box build-

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/barrel-jockey-box-build-321156/

Here's my take on the trash can kegerator-

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/juan-moore-trash-can-kegerator-328290/

I was going to say class it up with a trash can cooler :). Other options would be real ale casks, or take apart like a 40 qt cooler, make a large wood collar, and add shanks. There's also the diy faucet towers you could do (capped off pvc with faucets and shortened nipples, was in byo a couple issues ago) on top of a cheapo table with table cloth.

I am also brewing for a wedding and have been considering the same thing. I think I'm going to stick with simple cobra taps. The only other idea I might do is mount my perlicks onto a board and hold the board up with a couple of posts. I don't think anything super fancy is worth it for just a few hours in my case. It will also be a more casual wedding.

Might also be fun to order some custom pint glasses for the wedding. Also serves as a little "keepsake" from the wedding. Save a set of four or six for the bride and groom.

You guys are so lucky! I brewed two ten gallon batches for a wedding and was talked into 12 oz bottles and labels.

image-3558776644.jpg

Ouch that's a lot of bottles. And yeah chenwood, I have been thinking about a board to mount the taps...just haven't gotten the vision for how to present it beyond two by fours holding it up...seems a little rough. But this wedding is also rustic and casual too..

Well I'm not sure what the theme for the wedding is, but I am getting married next April, and since my future SWMBO wants to have some wood pieces and some sort of logs throughout the wedding, I am going to get three cedar stumps, hollow out the core, and mount a tap on each stump. I think it will wind up looking pretty cool, and since I'm from Oklahoma, the more rustic/redneck you can make something, it wins a higher percentage of approvals. Haha

I did 5 beers for a friend's wedding a few years back. I had them resting in ice buckets, and served from cobra taps behind the standard bar that they had. Didn't look as cool as pulling from the taps, but no one said anything about the presentation, just tons of complements on the beers!

K

The typical bride and groom figures that go on top of the cake would be awesome tap handles

Bronco1500 said:
The typical bride and groom figures that go on top of the cake would be awesome tap handles

+1 that is an awesome idea, especially if you already did one for him and one for her

This is what I put together for a wedding this weekend.

Not cornies but you could do something similar. The starry blanket will be replaced with a matching table cloth from her theme or whatever. looks like E.T.

imag0221-55964.jpg

imag0222-55963.jpg

imag0223-55965.jpg

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back