Homebrew competitions- Where?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperpots_Brewing

Reaction score
I think I am finally going to climb out on a limb and try to enter some homebrew competitions this year, if nothing else, to get some honest feedback. I live in Cleveland, and the only competition I can find info on is Son of Brewzilla in October-ish. Does anyone else know of any other competitions throughout the year? Any that I can mail the beer into? Any help you guys can offer would be great. Thanks in advance!:mug:

Look for a local homebrew club. 'Official' clubs enter compeitions to gain points for the club which grants your club access to some exclusive competitions later in the year.

Its not just a club-only entry either...you enter as yourself but your entry gains your club some points.

There's also the Homebrewtalk nationwide competition.

You should come to Athens and participate in homebrew competition in June for Ohio Brew Week.

Ohio Brew Week

Man... Athens is a far drive! I'll definitely think about it, though. I want to get a recipe or two really pinned down, something I'm really happy with. If I can do that by June, I'll see if I can con a buddy or two to join me!

Do most competitions require you to actually be there to submit your beer, or can you mail them in? I'm not really sure how the competitions work. Is there a sumittal deadline, and then some sort of event when they announce the winners? Or do they just post the results online somewhere?

Man... Athens is a far drive! I'll definitely think about it, though. I want to get a recipe or two really pinned down, something I'm really happy with. If I can do that by June, I'll see if I can con a buddy or two to join me!

Do most competitions require you to actually be there to submit your beer, or can you mail them in? I'm not really sure how the competitions work. Is there a sumittal deadline, and then some sort of event when they announce the winners? Or do they just post the results online somewhere?

It depends on the individual competition. Usually, at the ones I've judged, most of the entries have been received by UPS or Fedex, and stored cold until judging day. The winners are notified via email right away and the scoresheets are mailed out ASAP, usually in a few days.

Back