Mexican Cervesa + Lime At 2 Weeks Ferment, Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DzR

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just got a few questions, Ive been fermenting a Mexican Cervesa at 14-18c for 2 weeks, and checked it for the first time today, it tastes fine a little week but nothing bad, however the look is a bit weird for 2 weeks.

The Beer is still very very cloudy, and there seem to be a lot of particles in the beer, Not the lime rinds either. I thought at this low temp and this amount of time, the beer would have cleared off alot.

Any ideas, I gave it a bit of movement and put it away for another week, but and ideas?

Recipe
Coopers Mexican Cervesa
2 lime rinds
2 lime juices
1 x BE2
200G Dex
US-05

OG: 1046
SG: 1015

mc1.jpg

mc2.jpg

When I add lemmons, limes or oranges to my beers the always end a bit cloudy. I read why this happens but I don't have the book in here.

What is the current SG? It looks like its still active.

edit: I cant tell from the picture but is the dark areas mold?

I think the dark area to the left is the lime rind.

I made a corona clone with the intention of adding a little lime to it when I drank it but its so damn good by itself!

The dark area is the cascade hops

The SG is 1015

Cheers, im just worried about the cloudiness

I wonder if the Ph is way off or something causing the yeast to be sluggish? Not sure if you have ph test strips but it might be interesting the next time you check the SG to test the ph and see what it is.

I'd have to read up on the yeast to see what the range of ph they like to see if that has any impact.

Ok so I raised the temp a bit, and it still appears to be very cloudy with some particles.

It seems like its at FG, but very cloudy, tastes fine though, any ideas?

Back