Android Beer Map Application

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clehmann

Reaction score
I hope this isn't too far off topic, but I've posted a new app called 'Beer Map' to the android market today. It's a location aware beer app that's powered by beermapping.com. You can use to find various beer related locations around you (including homebrew shops!).

If you grab it, let me know what you hate about it, what you love about it and what features I could add to make it better.

Looks nice, but do you have a free limited trial or something? I know 99 cents isn't much, but I hate not being able to try an app first.

No trial, but you can remove any paid app in the android market for the first 24 hours after purchase and get your money back.

Much nicer than some 'other' markets where once you buy something you're stuck with it, even if it sucks ;)

Really? I didn't know that. I'm still relatively new to my HTC Incredible and it's my first Android phone so I'm still learning the ins and outs of it all.

I got the beer map. I live in Seagrove, NC and it never finds anything around me. It seems like a cool app and i'll keep it, but hell, there isn't anything close to where i'm at. I wish i had some better feedback for ya

If you actually have some locations in seagrove (and beer map just dosen't see them), you can go to beermapping.com and add (and review) them. If there's just nothing near you, that sounds like a opportunity for an enterprising homebrewer to open a brewpub ;)

You may already have found this, but you can expand the radius of the search from the menu->settings dialog. It defaults to 20 miles. You can also just search for other places by clicking the 'search' button if you want.

Back