I'm so excited!......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
And I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control, and I think i like it!:ban::ban:

I just bought a house!! Well, Kinda.....I bought it, but we are selling it on to my step daughter on a no-profit loan. (She will pay interest to cover our loss of interest on savings) I feel great that we could do something to help her out! Even though it will probably backfire on us LOL

It was a foreclosure that we got for $45,000. It is 2000 sq feet with a 200 foot yard. New siding, new windows, new guttering and new heating system! Unlike many we have looked at this one has not been trashed, and can be moved into right away. I'll post pictures later if this thread isn't stillborn. :)

Thanks to Philip, by the way. He took the trouble to give me some great advice on foreclosures. :)

I'm happy that worked out so well for you (well, so far anyway!) :ban:

I'm angry with you, though, for putting THAT song in my head all day long. You just wait. I will get even with you.

Walks away whistling, "Oh, I wish I was an Oscar Mayer weiner. Oh, that is what I'd truly like to be-e-e. Cuz if I was an Oscar Mayer weiner, everyone would be in love with me".

1] Good for you! I hope I can be in that position when my daughter is ready to buy a house. I've got at least 16 years...

2] Damn you AND Yooper for putting BOTH of those songs in my head!!! (shaking fist in the air...)

No pics or it never happened! :D

Good job on this and hope it all works out well.

Oh, and for you and Yoop:

Imagination sets in and purdy soon I'm singin'
doot-do-dooo, lookin' out my back door!

Tambourines and elephants are playin' in the band!
Won't you take a ride on the flyin' spoon?
doot-do-do!

Bother me tomorrow, today I'll buy no sorrow,
Dooot-dooot-dooo, lookin' out my back door!

You hear so much doom and gloom from the foreclosure crisis. It’s nice to know that one of our own could actually take advantage of it. Congratulations to both of you. Is she married? Will she be sharing the home with someone?

Pics of house and Daughter/boyfriend/grandson soon. I just spent all day (16 hours) helping move all their crap from Columbus to Norwalk. That was a 2 hour drive for me with a 26 foot truck with a trailer on the back carrying a pick up truck. The whole ensemble was almost as long as my house!....I don't man up easily to that truck driving bullcrap. I am a nervous wreck after that! The steering wheel became quite comfortable after the pressure of my hands remoulded the shape of the hardened plastic. I wore a permanent WTF! face ALL the way.

I'm loving this! :D

They have all gone to bed now. I'm gonna savour my last Litre of homebrew bitter all on my ownesome.......Perfect!! :)

Congrats on the house! That is so cool that you're doing that for your step daughter.

Thanks. But in a sense, I'm not doing it just for my step daughter. I'm doing it for my own dad, and for myself. In his life he left me with some good ideas on how to feel fulfilled. He never wasted a second or a thought :rockin:

Pics! I still can't beleive it fro $45,000!

1004155iv0.jpg

1004164os2.jpg

And this is the stepping stone to the housing recovery...people buying affordable housing...who can afford it.

Congrats on the acquisition and thanks for your part in turning things around. :D

BIG @$$ +1!!!! If the lenders were this smart (read less greedy), we wouldn't be in this bailout situation today!

On topic, congrats to you and your family, Gnome! :mug:

And yeah, what pleses me too? Ok, the last owners lost it already....But we got it for less than the bank wanted back on it......THAT made me happy for both us an the previous owners. :)

All I can think...2 things come to mind. I HATE CALIFORNIA. and I think IM JEALOUS. 1300 SF house, 300,000. 2200 SF is over 800,000, granted in the country a bit, but well over 8. I would buy 3 or 4 of them at that price, have a vacation home and a live in...WOW...45,000 for a 2000 sf home. WOW is all I can say. GREAT FIND!

Way to go! What a dad you are. Or at least you should have earned the title this way.

Now I am off to get the song "I'm so excited to be an Oscar Meyer Weiner" outta my head.

OMG.. I cant believe that they couldnt do anything to that crazy old man. I personally would have found something to do.. ie bat, mace, .. something to keep him off the property.

Back