Stainless in DFW?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerSawks

Reaction score
Hey new to home brewing and new to the site. :ban:
Does anyone know where I can get stainless steel fitting, hose barbs mainly, locally in the DFW area?

hojuwestlake said:
Hey new to home brewing and new to the site. :ban:
Does anyone know where I can get stainless steel fitting, hose barbs mainly, locally in the DFW area?

Welcome to the site and the hobby. You may have more luck if you tell us where DFW is

Gammon N Beer said:
Welcome to the site and the hobby. You may have more luck if you tell us where DFW is

If you have to ask, you arn't anywhere near it:ban:

I am also new to brewing and also live in the D/FW area (actually in Denton). Any ideas on where to get other equipment. I have already been to Home Brew HQ (in Richardson) and Brewhaus.com (their warehouse is in Keller). My friend and I are still looking for good deals and want to have someone local that is reputable to buy from.

-Billy

thanks for the new source cowboy. i work in grapevine so that is really close. i will go check them out after work one day.

-Billy

sufwrx said:
I am also new to brewing and also live in the D/FW area (actually in Denton). Any ideas on where to get other equipment. I have already been to Home Brew HQ (in Richardson) and Brewhaus.com (their warehouse is in Keller). My friend and I are still looking for good deals and want to have someone local that is reputable to buy from.

-Billy

I like Home Brew HQ but haven't checked out Brewhaus.com yet. Where in Keller are they located and are they open to the public. What equipment are mainly you looking for?

i like foreman's general store http://www.homebrewerysupply.com/homebrew/ in collyville

+1 On Foreman's. I'm also in Keller, so its much closer than Homebrew HQ. Just check their website first to see what ingredients they have, because it is somewhat limited. I've had to do some in-store improvising a couple times. I really like how you're on your own in there. Nobody bothers you, but are always available for help, you just get the bins out of what you need, measure it, throw it in the mill, bag it up, and tell them what you have. Very DIY. Also, they have a fairly limited (but CHEAP) selection of hop pellets.

Oh yeah, just remember to get there early. They close at 6 everyday and are closed on Sunday. May not be an issue for some, but I get off work at 5:30 and like to have my ingredients ready Saturday morning for some early morning brewing. (Excuse to drink at 8:00 AM, if you need one??):mug:

I go to Dr. Jekyll's in Arlington on Park Row. Pat is a nice guy, a little opinionated, but who isn't? That said, he always takes whatever time I need to answer questions.

I go to Dr. Jekyll's in Arlington on Park Row. Pat is a nice guy, a little opinionated, but who isn't? That said, he always takes whatever time I need to answer questions.

That he is, but he is a really nice guy. I had to quit going though, cause he didn't have the grains I needed a lot of the time.

Homebrew Headquarters in Richardson has been mentioned a few times. I like that shop and I just want to put in another plug for them. That's where I go for brewing consumables; they have an excellent selection of grain, hops, yeast, and extracts, adjuncts, etc., and they are always well-stocked. Being opened 7 days a week is nice too. They got a guy who does great SS keg welding for them, so I recommend them for that too if you need some kegs converted or some fittings welded in.

I shop internet for most major brewing equipment to avoid taxes and get the most competitive prices. I buy basic hardware at hardware stores (Turner's and Elliot's) and big boxes (HD, Lowes).

Whatever hardware you can't find locally you can almost certainly find at McMaster Carr.

Latest posts

Back