RIS in the bottle..carb??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discgolfin

Reaction score
OK,

I plan on making a big RIS at 1.11 OG and 1.014 FG, with a claifornia ale yeast. I searched a bit and I know this yeast will crap out a bit and really have a hard time bottle conditioning. I know what most wil say..KEG IT!! I love bottleing becasue I like to age them this way and sample and give away. I will keg some day. For the time being what do u suggest about making this guy carb?? Will I have any hope..like several weeks of swirling the bottles or will this yeast die??

This is around 13 to 14% ABV

I could pitch a higher gravity yeast but if I can make the California ale yeast get it done. That would be prefered. The tolernace from White labs is high, so 15% range, anyone else go this high and bottle condition with success? I made a barley wine with american ale yeast and it half carbed, but I know with the style they are usually low carb any how.

Jay

Back