What instructional video do you want to see?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyworld

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've made two videos in the past that I have posted and shared with this site. One on building a mash tun from a beverage cooler and another on how to wire a temperature controller for a homemade kegerator (links are in my signature).

What I'd like to know is, what videos would you guys like to see next? What videos out there that are confusing, too long or just plain bad that you would like to see done a little differently? Are there any processes that you just can't visualize when someone tries to explain it to you or when you read it in a book that you would like to see done?

I want to see a proper racking/priming/bottling vid. with my 6th batch finished, and pretty sure of my process, I have yet to see a bottling vid without some huge blunder..
Have read many post/tutorials on the subject, but have yet to see anything in a video that I'm comfortable replicating.. never had any problems yet, but I'm sure there is a lot of good info/techniques that I'm missing out on..

Cheers

I believe a video of the difference between steeping grains with extract and partial mash. I think this is one of the most confusing issues for newbies.

I want to see a proper racking/priming/bottling vid. with my 6th batch finished, and pretty sure of my process, I have yet to see a bottling vid without some huge blunder..
Have read many post/tutorials on the subject, but have yet to see anything in a video that I'm comfortable replicating.. never had any problems yet, but I'm sure there is a lot of good info/techniques that I'm missing out on..

Cheers

Here's the link to part one of a bottling video I did a while back.
And part 2;

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see a proper racking/priming/bottling vid

I think this is a FANTASTIC idea. I never really hated bottling as much as some people do probably because I was pretty happy with my process. I'm sure I could make a fantastic, really comprehensive but relatively short video on this.

I don't think it'd be nearly as popular but a video describing the differences in brewing styles/grains would be a cinch to put together and I could probably clear up a TON of questions/confusion in under 2 minutes. I never felt like I misunderstood the differences between them likely because I had a copy of John Palmer's "How to Brew" when I was first learning but this is exactly why I asked. I don't think I would have even thought of making this video otherwise so thanks for bringing it up Darren.

I think this is one of the most confusing issues for newbies.
a15

How about a video on waiting? :p

That seems to be one of the biggest problems encountered while homebrewing...

I think this is one of the most confusing issues for newbies.
a15

Which? The bottling or the grains?

When I make a video showing you how to brew from start to finish, you'll know that's how to fix all the waiting problems you've been experiencing mcangeli. :mug:

Going to start kegging in a month. Wouldn't mind a video on setup and keg cleaning- thanks

Was considering this too. I built a kegerator early last year from a heap of junkI found on the side of the road and it's working great now and looks fantastic. It wouldn't be a tutorial like the others, but more of a how-to/tour of my fridge and what I did. Was there anything in particular you wanted to see?

Was considering this too. I built a kegerator early last year from a heap of junkI found on the side of the road and it's working great now and looks fantastic. It wouldn't be a tutorial like the others, but more of a how-to/tour of my fridge and what I did. Was there anything in particular you wanted to see?

As I will be a newby at it; basically equipment needed, making your connections, and everything regarding what psi etc; I need to know to get started. And of course best way to clean them.
Thanks again if you can get this going.

Sorry for the late response but thanks for the links Uniondr... of the 5000+ homebrew videos i've recently seen on youtube I never found those.. Very in-depth but easy to understand for a homebrewnewb... A+

Hey guys. Just a quick update. I shot another video last night with my friend John on cleaning bottles, priming, racking and bottling your beer as I think this is the most confusing topic for anyone new to brewing.

It's cut but may be after the weekend before it's posted. I'll update back here when it's online.

Latest posts

Back