Freaking Me Out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuggerOrange

Reaction score
Ok, so I finally got to try my first brew today and I have to say I was pleasantly suprised. It's no Broolyn, but I thought I has done a few things wrong but if I did none of them came through. So I decide in celebration that I want to brew my second batch. Again it's a kit (Coopers this time) figuring one last go through before I take the next step to specialty grains. Everything went great - the things I thought I did wrong last time I made sure to do right this time. Except when I poured the cooled wort in with the water to get to 5 gallons I got suds - and it looked like soap suds. Now I did wash my brew pot with soap after I made my last batch and before I knew any better, but I literally rinsed it 25 times and looked for bubbles in fear of soap beer. The bubbles in the suds, however, do not have that soapy colored look. They are clear. I have been racking my brain trying to remember if this happened last time, but I don't think I did. Anyway, anyone have thoughts about what it could be. Is it from the wort? Please calm my nerves or open my eyes to stark reality.

The weird thing is I don't remember it happening last time but maybe I wasn't paying attention to it because it was my first time and concentrating on other things. This time I was much more comfortable and looking for little things I could do better. The good thing is it's fermenting at a bubble every five seconds so hopefully it's all good.

Back