Residual water in brew cart lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExHempKnight

Reaction score
As much as I tried to design the plumbing on my new brew cart to fully drain, there are the inevitable lines that don't. After wet testing, I can see that after a brew/CIP/rinse cycle, some water will be trapped in a couple of lines.

How hard do I need to try and get this water out? I plan on brewing at least once a month... Will a quick rinse/flush before each brew session be sufficient? I'll need to run sanitizer through beforehand anyway, to sanitize my CFC.

As much as I tried to design the plumbing on my new brew cart to fully drain, there are the inevitable lines that don't. After wet testing, I can see that after a brew/CIP/rinse cycle, some water will be trapped in a couple of lines.

How hard do I need to try and get this water out? I plan on brewing at least once a month... Will a quick rinse/flush before each brew session be sufficient? I'll need to run sanitizer through beforehand anyway, to sanitize my CFC.

I would be concerned about mold and such growing in the moist environment. I've seen tubing accumulate mold inside and this was tubing that was used for water only and never wort.

I would blow the water out with compressed air or alternately suck it out with a shop vac. I suppose you could also use CO2 to blow out the lines if the compressed air or shop vac aren't available options.

Back