Mikkeller Koppi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinsu

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Mikkeller Koppi, a "Coffee IPA"? It's a good beer and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to get coffee into a pale beer? Brewing a pot, either hot or cold, would throw the color off too much. Could I soak the coffee beans or grounds in the secondary for a few days and let the alcohol pull the flavor out?

I didn't think the beer had much coffee flavor (which I liked), I'd just add an ounce or two (which shouldn't add much color). I actually like steeping coffee for ~12-24 hours in beers right before botlting. I find that it gives a more long lasting aroma, and doesn't add any acidity (it would probably add just as much color though). Good luck.

One ounce of a locally roasted light bean was just added to my kolsch, I'll probably take taste samples every 12 hours or so to make sure I don't over do it and report back.

Back