Tap system for under $100?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleJeepXJ

Ah... Leafy Goodness
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I want to get into kegging since for the past few years I have bottled and I am really getting sick of it. I would like to build a basic system for under $100. I have found reconditioned Cornelius kegs for about $30-35, add the connections for gas and liquid for about $15 total, and then the reg or about $85. I know it has to be able to be done for less than $135. I have a $hitload of paintball fittings for Hp and LP tanks as well as hoses, tanks, and some regs. Can I use those? If yall know of a place to get a set up for cheap it would sure help. I am open to suggestions and ideas... just trying to keep this cheap.

Paintball tank - $20
Paintball remote - $15
Cheap Regulator - $40
Keg - $30
Fittings - $20

this is about as cheap as you can get. About $125
If you have a paintball tank and remote your golden.

Your still going to need a fridge to keep it cold too!

You can buy a tap-a-draft for $70 and you won't need an additional refrigerator. Or if you live in a place where they still sell millercoors homedraft, you can buy one or more of those at about $20 each (pretty close to the same as the tap a draft). It's much easier than bottling, and frankly, easier than traditional kegging (because it's simpler...no regulator, no hoses, no fittings, and if you get a leak you don't loose $20 worth of CO2). You sanitize 3 bottles for a 5 gallon batch. I put corn sugar into two bottles and force carbonate the third so I can start drinking it the next day.

Kegging is great, but it gets expensive quick when sourcing parts for a system. Only real cheap deals I have seen is buying second hand stuff off Craigslist or elsewhere, otherwise prices are pretty standard. Tank and regulator are a big portion of the expense......smaller paintball tanks will work but will be costly to fill long term I would imagine.

Kegging is great, but it gets expensive quick when sourcing parts for a system. Only real cheap deals I have seen is buying second hand stuff off Craigslist or elsewhere, otherwise prices are pretty standard. Tank and regulator are a big portion of the expense......smaller paintball tanks will work but will be costly to fill long term I would imagine.

I dont want to know what I have spent this year getting my 6 ss perlick kegerator setup.

But dont go too cheap.... everyone says buy perlick or else you will have wished you did.
And it was mentioned.... you have to buy a cheap refridgerator/freezer on top of faucets and fittings.

I know this does not help your cause, sorry.
It is worth it in the end though to go pull the handle and fill a frosty glass.
Kevin

Back