My Brew Stand Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumike102

Reaction score
Well I finally got around to starting a proper brew stand. I decided on some angle steel for my stand. Did a bunch of work this weekend and got the basic frame built and will be working on it more as time and money allows. Heres what I have so far.

old brew stand:
8a992123.jpg

New stand progress:
ccaea506.jpg

e9b90338.jpg

831ec2f1.jpg

36169967.jpg

Will update as more progress is made.

So far so good! Look forward to seeing the build develop.

Wish I could weld, I'd love to build myself an official stand. I'm just using a wood platform now, that raises the burner stands just high enough to run down to the pump. It'll work for now.

BTW, how is that Bourbon Barrel Old Engine Oil tasting? I tried OEO for the first time a few weeks ago and fell in love! Definitely on the list to brew soon!

So far so good! Look forward to seeing the build develop.

Wish I could weld, I'd love to build myself an official stand. I'm just using a wood platform now, that raises the burner stands just high enough to run down to the pump. It'll work for now.

BTW, how is that Bourbon Barrel Old Engine Oil tasting? I tried OEO for the first time a few weeks ago and fell in love! Definitely on the list to brew soon!

The welding was done by my brother. I can weld a little but hes much better so I had him do it.

The Beer is tasting great!! Came out just how I wanted it to. I figured this isnt gunna be a session beer so I bottled it up in some belgian bottles and corked them. Really happy with the results.

Hopefully I'll be making one like this soon. Getting a welder from my uncle this weekend. Guess I'm going to have lean how to weld. I did a little in college, but that was 15yrs ago.

Well did a little more work on the brew stand today. Got some casters for it and welded on some tabs to keep the pots from falling off accidentally. Here are some updated pics of where I'm at so far.
abe56a34.jpg

745da15a.jpg

Very nice! You still going to use the cooler for MLT? Is the space between the burners wide enough so you dont melt the cooler?

Very nice! You still going to use the cooler for MLT? Is the space between the burners wide enough so you dont melt the cooler?

I plan to use the cooler for a little bit longer. Not ready to drop the coin on another keggle and rims setup just yet. I believe it should be ok. I'm you going to space it up a bit and use some wood to keep it off the metal.

No Problem. I've been waiting for the time and budget to get a frame welded, but I think once the money allows I'll just be having one shipped from the guys at PinupBrewery around here. Won't have the sense of pride of doing it myself, but everything else on the brewery and bar I've done myself, so I figure I owe myself 1 easy solution:D Keep up the good work.

No Problem. I've been waiting for the time and budget to get a frame welded, but I think once the money allows I'll just be having one shipped from the guys at PinupBrewery around here. Won't have the sense of pride of doing it myself, but everything else on the brewery and bar I've done myself, so I figure I owe myself 1 easy solution:D Keep up the good work.

haha ya I hear ya. I was looking at the ones from brewers equipment for a while but I just dont have the money to drop on one right now. It's ok though, it has been a fun project so far. Learning to do a bit of welding and all the planning has been fun. Hopefully things continue to go well.

Well I have been very busy with stuff going on at work and school as well as other things in my personal life. There hasn't been a whole lot of time to work on the brewing setup, and lets be honest it was cold outside!! Well with the recent warm-up and some time on my hands, I have made some good progress on the stand. I'm at the point now where I can brew. Things will still continue to progress but at least now I can brew on the new stand.

Here are some pics of the progress.

Finishing up welding and grinding.
beer-2.jpg

beer.jpg

Paint.
beer-3.jpg

Pumps mounted
beer-6.jpg

Burners
beer-7.jpg

beer-8.jpg

All ready to go
beer-4.jpg

beer-5.jpg

Parts for rims tube to be added at later stage.
beer-9.jpg

Made a lot of progress in the last few weeks and I am looking forward to testing her out this weekend hopefully. Just waiting for a regulator in the mail and I will be good to go.

Mike

Back