what is your occupation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Color artist for Marvel Comics, currently working on Amazing Spiderman, Daredevil and Punisher MAX. Worked for them for 19 years now. Someone else does the drawing, then they send me the black and white drawing to paint in Photoshop. Freelance, so I work at home.

Student (accounting), UPS package scanner at night, on Friday I interviewed for a position as an Internal Audit intern with SunTrust bank (but I have a bad feeling that I won't get it; interview stress got the better of me).

I still don't know what my office title is, but my civil service title is computer systems manager. What I do is program/policy analysis for the NYC Dept. of Health in the office of strategic analysis and revenue maximization, also known as policy an planning. I can either fascinate the hell out of you talking about what I do (if you're a nerd like me), or bore you to sleep.

Maintenance Technician at a mobile home community. Fixing anything that goes wrong, landscaping, snow plowing, the usual handy man stuff!

Heavy Equipment Mechanic ( cranes, dozers, trucks ) for the past 30 years.

Student majoring in Economics and Marketing. I graduate in May and working on getting a job.

Executive Director for two Conference Centers - responsible for statewide promotion for three others.

I really want to retire......

Incompetent IT guy (we call them managers). I'd love to chuck it all and brew for a living but since that's not going to happen, I enjoy brewing about a dozen 5gal batches a year.

Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late. I use the side door, that way Lumbergh can't see me, and, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour. I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Bwaah hah ha! (just make sure you get the cover page on your TPS reports... you did get the memo, right?)

I am a resident physician, aka "baby doctor." Thinking about doing a Sports Medicine fellowship.
Would love to have more time to brew, between work, SWMBO, and a 9-month-old.
I guess that's why I spend so much time on this site, living vicariously through y'all.

Journeyman Toolmaker-meaning ex-machine builder, but the company self-destructed, and there are few remaining machine build companies left in business. Most now just hire machine builder temps when they need to finish build their outsourced machined parts. :mad:

CNC Machinist mostly now, currently running 5-axis CNC Walter cutter grinders making solid carbide application-specific step drills and multi-stage reamers that are used in subcontractor shops for Boeing on the Dreamliner. Non-auto, so this may last awhile...

I work midnights, by myself, they leave me alone, 13 mile drive w/ no lights or traffic, and they pay me decent. I have absolute freedom-priceless.

I teach high school English. Is it bad that I keep wanting to borrow (steal) stir plates from the chemistry teacher?

Back