Invited to a brew session.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADS197

Reaction score
A guy on a mountain biking forum I goto has invited me to an all grain brew next month. He does 25 gallon batches and has offered to let me take home 5gallons.

My question to him was does he want me to bring anything along, ingredients/hops/grain etc..?? Anything to help offset the cost and to help out.

I don't think he will ask but I want to take something.

What do you guys suggest I take along as gift you might say.. something brew related.

thanks
jake

The obvious answer is beer. What else do you really need? I guess you should probably bring a fermenter too.

I would ask what the recipe is and bring some or all of the hops. Or maybe the yeast.

If he has everything already, then definitely a carboy or bucket to take your 5gallons home.

I would def bring some beer. I had a brew day with a few of my MTB buddies and just asked them to bring a 6 pack of obscure though tastey beer. Everyone gets to try new stuff!! I am working on a recipe for our clubs fat tire festival in november. I gotta have 40 gallons by then, for the 300 or so people that show up. oh yeah a carboy to transport home would be nice too.

Take 12 or more of your beers in order to share and leave some there, it's always good to give beer!

Bring about 4 bottles of 750 La Fin du Monde!

2096568053_5949199654.jpg

Bring a cheap hooker...
j/k bring some beer, or maybe some food to grill up during/after the brew session :)

I usually ask people to bring beer. I've got the ingredients covered, he probably does too.

My question: If you know a dude thats brewing 25 gallon batches who seems pretty knowledgeable about brewing, why isn't he on HBT?:D

Snacks to balance all that beer you guys will be drinking. Nothing pairs with beer better than food.

Cracker dip:

1-2 packages of Cream Cheese
Shaved smoked ham, chopped (amount up to taste)
Approx 6 green onions, chopped

Mix the day before, by kneading with hands, or use a stand mixer. Let sit overnight to meld the flavors. Eat with your favorite crackers.

Doesn't look like much, but it's pretty addictive.

I'd bring replacement grain and possibly some of his commonly used hops. It's pretty cool that he's going to cover everything but it would be pretty cool of you to replace or at least contribute to the replacement of what he's going to use. And some of your beer of course.

I think beer or food to consume during the brewing and a quality commercial beer as a gift. I had a friend come over in a similar circumstance and he brought a Stone Double Arrogant Bastard. Classy guy!

My question: If you know a dude thats brewing 25 gallon batches who seems pretty knowledgeable about brewing, why isn't he on HBT?:D

I messaged back and forth yesterday and he told me he's an AHA judge and member of the Maltose Falcons.

I've been to a club meeting once and they were all cool but I had my daughter that day and she wasnt having any patience sitting still so we left.

I mentioned the forum to him but I don't know if he's on here or not.

He said he's got everything and would definately like to try my brew and give me feed back.

I think I'll bring some carne asada and tortillas for the brew. A man has to eat and meat always goes with beer.

jake

Back