new years diet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin

Reaction score
well i blame my sister in law for giving my wife The Eat Clean Diet - Eat Clean and Lose Weight. Lose weight now! Ask Tosca Reno, the only fat loss plan that works. book for Christmas. Now since she is doing it.....therefore by default. so am i. i mean come on! im 6'2' 180lbs im a walking stick. I dont know that i can stand to lose any weight. I suppose being a little healthier wont hurt things. Also the book says that Alcohol is a treat! Ewwwwwwwwww! I love my beer. I guess ill just have to brew heavy harder beers to make sure i get the most ABV i can for my rewarding "Treat".:drunk:

I'm starting a new years diet, but mostly because when we moved into our first house in October I started eating like crap because we were busy with projects, and I've gained 10 lbs since then (I didn't think that dieting over the holidays would work) so I'm desperate to lose weight.

eat clean, just eat more! i have done a lot of research on the correct approach to eating right and if it teaches you to eat clean that is great. at your size with average activity you probably need to eat around 2500-3000 calories a day so if you dont feel you need to drop any pounds sneak in a couple extra servings.

I'm starting a new years diet, but mostly because when we moved into our first house in October I started eating like crap because we were busy with projects, and I've gained 10 lbs since then (I didn't think that dieting over the holidays would work) so I'm desperate to lose weight.

tack your calories, that will be the easiest way to drop a few extra pounds. diets in general dont work, the weight comes back 90% of the time. learn what to eat and how much to eat and you will never have to worry. i have dropped 40lbs this year doing this and plan to drop another 20-30 before im done, eating healthy has become second nature now!

I plan on cutting back on junk food and exercising.

I just wish I could drink like BierMuncher and stay thin like him too. :(

WTF does everybody diet in JANUARY when it's cold outside, miserable weather to exercise/do anything active, and your body WANTS to gain weight instead of lose it?

True that! But I got my wife a Wii Fit for Xmas, so we'll see. I think one main point is that many people diet, but don't go for the exercise, and that really is a critical factor for health.

I'd say, if your weight was fine, then eat as much good food as you want, and get some good exercise. There is some very tasty food out there that is also good tasting.

I like eating a bit less of the healthy food, and then not worry about how much beer I drink. I just need to work on the exercise part now...

True that! But I got my wife a Wii Fit for Xmas, so we'll see. I think one main point is that many people diet, but don't go for the exercise, and that really is a critical factor for health.

I'd say, if your weight was fine, then eat as much good food as you want, and get some good exercise. There is some very tasty food out there that is also good tasting.

I like eating a bit less of the healthy food, and then not worry about how much beer I drink. I just need to work on the exercise part now...

exercise is important, but its really quite amazing what proper eating will do for your health.

A year and a half ago, I decided that I was finally sick and tired of feeling tired and sick... I had to be in my sister's wedding that summer... I had some extra income at the time, so I signed up with a personal trainer at the gym down the street...

I was hating life the first two weeks... The diet sucked compared to the crap I was cramming down my gullet everyday and I could barely walk / lift my arms after any given workout...

Three days a week of weight training, five days of cardio, including an hour and a half of boot camp training on Saturday morning...

I didn't have a beer for an entire month and swore that if I ate one more dinner of roasted chicken, brown rice and steamed broccoli, I was going to shoot the next spandex clad bimbo I saw...

Turns out I dropped 15 lbs and 3 or 4% body fat in 30 days... In total after three months I was down 30 lbs and somewhere like 10% body fat IIRC....

It is the diet AND working out... Most of the girls in the office were all excited about the diet, then I told them about the training part and they all went "Oh......."

i'm hoping my company does another weight loss pool. last year i won $240. i didn't gain quite as much weight over the holidays this year, but i still think i can win. i gain and lose weight very fast and easily.

Back