The local brewpub just opened.....and they suck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is just disgusting. What kind of ******** poop on the brewing process by inventing garbage like this to cash in on the actual hard work and innovation and risk taking of REAL BREWERS? That's what the inventor of this trainwreck is doing. He's watching real honest brewers work their butts off doing something artistic and creative and seeing people fall in love with it, then he's building a cardboard house that looks similar on the outside to the efforts of others.

People like him should be beaten or stoned to death as a group sport as NHC or GABF. What they do is muddy the water so new people become confused about what brewing and craft brewing is.

The folks opening the pub really should drop the fake-brewing and just hold onto their pub and try to improve it. If they insist on being a sham, then hopefully they fail miserably and learn a lesson about buying into a con business to cheat people out of money.

If they were near me I'd tell everyone I knew all the time about what they were doing and get the word out that it was a bogus operation.

Yes I also applied for the position was willing to work for dirt pretty much i didn't care.. walked to the interview in fact.... but when they showed me around i noticed quite a bit wrong.. like where do they store all the grain and hops and **** like that... so indeed.. i suppose i did not get the job perhaps i knew too much and was likely to walk off the first time they woulda told me to make the beer the way i think they make it. i'm glad i was confirmed in my notions of PORT A BREW CO

Oh man, I have found my next business investment. Imagine, a brewery without skilled employees.

I went to an extract, formula place like this with Michael Jackson once (dead writer, not zombie pop star). It was in Ohio in the late '80s. He really had a time talking to the owner. What I remember is the owner saying he thought the genius of the operation was not relying on somebody else to mess up his beers. If I had been able to keep any of the beer in my mouth I would have laughed it through my nose. When we finished he asked me to take him to a bar for some good whiskey. He never did write the place up as far as I am aware.

THEY SURE LOOK PROUD:
CRAFT_02.jpg

This is absolutely awesome!

I can't believe how bad it all is, from the pictures to the not drinking beer owners, to everything!

I feel kind of bad, but here's my take: If you can go to the "Specialty Products" beer system's homepage, and not immediately get a spidey sense from all the bad grammar, and then still are interested after he has like only 4 pages, and all the specious, un-founded crazy claims, then you're money would have been taken from you somehow. Period. They are fools and their money would have parted them one way or another.

At least this way if their food is pretty good, then they at least have a running chance at not requiring government assistance within the next year....

But god, that brewing system is just horrid. Using insure, assure, and all types of other words incorrectly. Not listing competitions, or publications, or anything. It's obscene!

The sad thing is that with that much volume of beer going through the place, they could probably keep their extract fresh, kept things sanitary, and then all they'd need to do would be to boil some water and they'd have some pretty good beer!

that settles it.
I'm moving in to his market and crushing him.

EvilTOJ will come along as my IT/PlaystationSupport/Janitor.
SWMBO will make my suppliers cry as the accept my money.
I will run the kitchen.
HBT Members will have a 20% discount.

There will be a lottery as to which paid HBT members get to be house brewer for a week. :)

I think it would work.

Wow, this place is still open, eh?

They must not have the sanitation issue anymore. Either that or the people in the area are so accustomed to bad BMC that beers from this giant Mr. Beer kit seem like an improvement.

I'm digging up this relatively old thread because someone posted about one of these systems being sold on Craigs List. It appears that inevitable failure was reached by someone who bought this system.

All I have to say is that I have absolutely no sympathy for people that invest their money into a business without doing research on the product they are producing or selling. For craps sake I read How To Brew by Palmer twice before I felt comfortable buying a homebrewing kit. If these people don't know how to brew they deserve to loose their investment. Furthermore, they deserve to figure out on their own why their beer isn't selling because they never figured out how to brew it to begin with.

I do feel sorry for the people that are relatively uneducated about craft brewing because they are being sold a crappy product and are being taken advantage of. It is for this reason that my feelings are so strong and callous over this.

Back