First BIAB Recipe, Need opinions and help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my goodness, chucked one in the fridge to try today (been in the bottle for just over a week). Really low expectations, thinking it would be metallic, bitter and undrinkable. Was planning on having to leave it age for a month or so... Cracked the cold one, poured into a glass, ruby dark bronze hues as it poured into my glass where it became as black as anything with a small chocolate brown head. Not fully carbed. Smelled delicious (as did the pre bottle sample). Took a sip, and oh my this beer is absolutely delicious! I've been reading all these things after brew day about too much chocolate malt or too much specialty malt in general and was kinda worried... But this beer couldn't be smoother, big hits of dark chocolate and coffee, nice mellow bitterness and hop flavour comes through perfectly.

Cheers to you guys!!
Have another cold conditioning in the fridge for the misses to try when she's home from work and I'll take a picture.

Wish I made more than 3 gallons!!

Me too since then you would have had enough to share.

Try to save a few bottles for 3 to 6 months to compare the flavor when fully mature.:mug:

Back