EZ cap bottle question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorEaster12

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone knows about these EZ-cap bottles or not (basically grolsch style swing tops). I got them from my dad and he got them years ago.
My question is whether or not all the bottles are acceptable to bottle in, I know the smaller ones are but I've got this larger one (maybe 2L, not sure) It seems as far as I can tell to have the same thickness of glass all the way through but my dad's pretty sure it it had barbeque sauce in so he doesn't think it's pressure safe.

So, HBT'ers any insights or should I just try it and hope its not a bottle bomb?

They work fine, and many homebrewers use them (and have used them for a LONG time). If they've been sitting around for a while unused, I would recommend you swap out the gaskets before use. If your LHBS doesn't carry them, look around at some of the online homebrew stores. They're out there, and they're pretty cheap.

BTW, if you got those bottles for free, good score! :mug:

Back