What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These came yesterday from an ebay buy. They're all in great shape!

2014-12-10 15.45.17.jpg

A second 6.5g BMB, two dual hole BMB lids, three stoppers, a fermwrap, and stick on thermometer.

6 feet of gas line, gas disconnects, MFL fittings and an oetiker clamping tool and clamps to finish hooking up my new 4 way gas distribution block

A lightly used 7/8 greenlee radio punch to start knocking out the holes in my soon to be electric "kal" build control panel.

I'm just going to bunch it all into one post:

Have received: 15gal pro boil Bru-Gear kettle
Book: The Complete Joy of Home Brewing 4th Edition
Book: Designing Great Beers
Come soon: Large oxygenation system
Voile bag for BIAB for that new kettle

kettle and oxygenation system are gifts to me for xmas
books and bag I bought for myself to go along with the other goodies

Last piece of home brew to tackle gear wise will be fermentation temp control (I think) but I don't see that one happening at least until I move in July of next year.

2 new AEB kegs, 2 used kegs, oxygen absorbers, Black Box temp controller, and several lbs of various hops. Xmas shopping for myself complete. Three 3-gallon Better Bottles are coming on Friday (gift from someone else).

New corny keg, co2 tank, connections, temp controller, tubing. Let the keeper build begin.

Got my 5 gallon Big Mouth Bubbler + 2 kits deal from NB yesterday.

Also received my vial of WLP920 from High Gravity and made up a starter for a Schwarzbier brew this weekend.

Stain steel parts from bargainfittings.com
Grand Slam 4 piece package from wilserbrewer
12" Stainless Steel Thermowells from Brewers Hardware
30 amp GFI circuit breaker
and a pile of bills.

2 10 gal oak rum barrels, my sensors for my Arduino temperature monitor (slow boat from China), and of course more bills.....

Where from? I'm lookin (just starting) at gettin one

It came from cabelas. My buddy ordered it after Black Friday for $150, then his father in law gave him the same one for Christmas, so he sold me his for $150. It must've been back ordered because it just showed up yesterday. They are going for $177 plus tax on Amazon. I think that's the best price I've seen. They are usually in the $230 range.

three arduino nano's for forgotten project - Sure takes a long time to get here from China - longer than my AADHD has patience for...

three arduino nano's for forgotten project - Sure takes a long time to get here from China - longer than my AADHD has patience for...

I've had some things get to me from China faster than California. Figure that one out. It was an $8 timing relay with free shipping. Craziest thing ever that it could get here in a week.

My BlackBox arrived! I'll be giving this away as a gift though.

Just got notification that mine cleared Customs back home in Guatemala. Unfortunately I won't be there for a while, but its something to look forward too...along with all the other brewing goodies I am ordering while I'm gone.

Oh its been a good day! First I got my aeration stones (2, one for my brother) .5 micron, in addition came the STC 1000 controllers, but, the capper, my Christmas present from my gf. A 7g SS Chonical! YES!!!!:D

I've had some things get to me from China faster than California. Figure that one out. It was an $8 timing relay with free shipping. Craziest thing ever that it could get here in a week.

I ordered some batteries for my motorcycle helmet comms (Sena BT) and they came from China. Batteries are handled much differently when they reach customs, because of the fire risk. I am not sure, but I think they are supposed to go by ship only and not plane?

The box I recieved was marked SATA drive, and sure enough the vendor wrapped the batteries in a layer of aluminum foil so an x-ray would make the package appear to contain a SATA HDD. It got here fast, but I wasn't keen on their ruse to get them shipped quicker.

I think they cheat the system sometimes to get things to the recipient faster...

I ordered some batteries for my motorcycle helmet comms (Sena BT) and they came from China. Batteries are handled much differently when they reach customs, because of the fire risk. I am not sure, but I think they are supposed to go by ship only and not plane?

The box I recieved was marked SATA drive, and sure enough the vendor wrapped the batteries in a layer of aluminum foil so an x-ray would make the package appear to contain a SATA HDD. It got here fast, but I wasn't keen on their ruse to get them shipped quicker.

I think they cheat the system sometimes to get things to the recipient faster...

That's a crazy story! Doubt any entity has the teeth to really get anybody over there in trouble over it though. Mine was just a padded envelope. No tricks that I know of. Maybe it was smuggled in with someone else's aluminum foil wrapped batteries. :)

Latest posts

Back