What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say what you will... but water in a pint glass just looks so dammed good!!!

WaterInAPintGlass.jpg

CliffMongoloid said:
That'll put you to sleep
Absolutely, hey 190 is doing a Christmas taste all happy hour Wed before thanksgiving 5-7 .They just had Boulder there last week. They talked me into a growler of. A Honey of a Saison $19 for growler + fill and a shat load of swag!

CliffMongoloid said:
That'll put you to sleep

Or at least make you wish you'd chosen something other than DFH. ;)

Actually, I was told I need to try that one. I'll probably pick one up.

More home brew pale ale, 5.25% ABV. Maris Otter/EXP.1210 hops/WLP090 SMaSH. Drinking while it's fresh. No hop haze, despite heavy dry hopping. No filters, or Fining, just cold crashed. Resulting in a really clean, refreshing beer.

IMG_0638.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Having Wes Brett beer

I don't get the "wet dog" you talked about but there is definitely some Brett character. Some fruity Brett notes and some funk. Hide some away and see it'll change

Ok good. I only ever got it with the first couple drinks, then the rest of the glass would be fine. So I don't know what the problem was. Figured I needed another opinion on it.
What do you think of it? If you want another bottle to drink or hold on to let me know.

Ok good. I only ever got it with the first couple drinks, then the rest of the glass would be fine. So I don't know what the problem was. Figured I needed another opinion on it.
What do you think of it? If you want another bottle to drink or hold on to let me know.

I'll gladly take another one off your hands. It reminds me of orval more than anything.

WesleyS said:
Or at least make you wish you'd chosen something other than DFH. ;) Actually, I was told I need to try that one. I'll probably pick one up.
Not a fan either, the alcohol heat is way to present and not like a cognac cracked pleasant kind of heat. Last years was much tastier and layered IMO

Right this minutes I am drinking my Robust Porter. Yesterday I tried something quite nice with it. I blended it with a 10 month Old Ale. Blended 50/50. Quite nice.

Drinking a mad elf whilst packing a freaking monster trade and a BIF package. Could have used a proper elf glass but I just picked this one up yesterday. Tis the season baby!

Glad this thread didn't get shut down after running strong since 2006!!

:mug:

image-3961741782.jpg

dirtybasementbrew said:
Not a fan either, the alcohol heat is way to present and not like a cognac cracked pleasant kind of heat. Last years was much tastier and layered IMO

Yeah, if I do pick one up, I'll probably sit on it for a bit.

DisturbdChemist said:
I'll gladly take another one off your hands. It reminds me of orval more than anything.

I'm glad you like it. I'll bring you another bottle next time we meet up.

FermentNEthinG said:
Drinking a mad elf whilst packing a freaking monster trade and a BIF package. Could have used a proper elf glass but I just picked this one up yesterday. Tis the season baby!

Glad this thread didn't get shut down after running strong since 2006!!

:mug:

That mad elf sounds pretty good.

MrNic said:
This **** isn't very good. I can't bring myself to dump it though.
Hahahahaha!!!!! You made me laugh out loud son! I'm not a fan myself but there are way more of us beer nerds that like that stuff than not.

Hahahahaha!!!!! You made me laugh out loud son! I'm not a fan myself but there are way more of us beer nerds that like that stuff than not.

I don't know what the exact flavor is, but it just has a weird taste to it. Tastes like my first home brew.

Back