Advice on equipment trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donthoseme

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm looking for some helpful advice. Here is my situation.

I am looking to get 7 or 8 more pin lock kegs for my system. I found someone here in AK who has two he is willing to sell but he wants $65 for each and he's pretty firm. I was thinking of trading my minibrew 15 gallon plastic conicle for 2 kegs 2 carboys and some money but i don't know if this is a good deal. I'm thinking i might not have $360 lying around for a conical later if i want to get another but i will have 20 or 30 for a keg (if i can find them). Should i trade or just hold tight?

I would hold off. I don't know how hard it is to get cornies in AK but $65 for a corny is way too high. Hell, $65 for both isn't even a good deal.

Thanks that's what i needed i was about to part with it for 2 pin locks 2 carboys and 100 bucks but it is so cool to have a conical and i have hope to use it more in the future. We only have one LHBS and everything is pretty steep.

I just checked CHI company and with shipping you can get 8 ball lock kegs delivered for $40 per. I know they are ball lock, but I am just saying.

Back