South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 8!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ATTN: All Group Buy Participants

As we get closer to filling this pallet, I want to make sure that everyone knows that lordura organizes these group buys out of the kindness of his heart. Please make sure when you get your invoice, that you include a couple bucks for him. There are usually anywhere from 10-15 brewers in each group buy and if everyone gives a little extra, he should be able to get at least a sack for his hard work.

im new to this how does it work when we go in on half of a bag. do we just buy the whole thing and divide it up ourselves or can we actually just pay for half as long as someone else does the same.

Green, brown, clear? I might take a few off your hands as well. I can give you some bombers or 12 ounce bottles if you want them.

The bottles are green and dusty. I think i have 18 of them. fgfitz said he wants them. if you guys want i can bring some swords and you guys can have a duel. :rockin:

I also have Stone's 2009 Double Bastard stashed for him.

As we get closer to filling this pallet, I want to make sure that everyone knows that lordura organizes these group buys out of the kindness of his heart. Please make sure when you get your invoice, that you include a couple bucks for him. There are usually anywhere from 10-15 brewers in each group buy and if everyone gives a little extra, he should be able to get at least a sack for his hard work.

The bottles are green and dusty. I think i have 18 of them. fgfitz said he wants them. if you guys want i can bring some swords and you guys can have a duel. :rockin:

that sounds good i got dibs on the sharp sword:D

ferman if you want them you can have them i have been getting the flip tops now and again so i have a few of them.

Ferman, you can have them for free. it gets them out of my garage! This supply seems like it's never ending. I've probably given away about 20 cases of them. I'll put the word out on monday at work that I need them. Every year we go to germany for work and come home with well over a hundred cases of beer.

Jeff, can you hold one sack for me. I owe aluminum park some grain. I am trying to get in touch with him so I can return the favor he did for me. I'll have an answer for you tonight.

Jeff, can you hold one sack for me. I owe aluminum park some grain. I am trying to get in touch with him so I can return the favor he did for me. I'll have an answer for you tonight.
Todd, Sorry but the last bag is still pending.

if it's not too late can I add another BZ-PILS? for a total of 3? Thanks.
Sorry but the last bag is pending.

As we get closer to filling this pallet, I want to make sure that everyone knows that lordura organizes these group buys out of the kindness of his heart. Please make sure when you get your invoice, that you include a couple bucks for him. There are usually anywhere from 10-15 brewers in each group buy and if everyone gives a little extra, he should be able to get at least a sack for his hard work

Sorry to be redundant, but the above is worth repeating IMO. Many times these group buys never come to fruition for many reasons. Everyone must realize the amount of work involved in orchestrating a group function like this. Speaking for myself here, but I would have no problem with a "GBO Surcharge"...Group Buy Oganizer Surcharge tacked on to every sack purchased. I'm new here so if the system in place is working well so be it, and this can be left to the discretion of the buyers, but everyone should realize that at a minimum a dollar plus per sack is required to push a sack back to our hard working organizer, just an idea, ok I'm off the stump now.

Thanks in advance Mr. Lordura:mug:

No surcharge necessary... you guys have always taken care of me.

immyc, please get back to me by tonight if you want that last bag so I can get the invoices sent out.

Sorry to be late but if the buy is still on I would like to get:

1x BZ-VIEN
1x CM-2ROW
1x CM-SPIL

This is the first grain buy I have participated in. Let me know if you need anything else (beside the $$ of course).

bmc428, sorry but this one has filled. They usually fill within a few days.
Depending on how much interest builds for another one, you're looking at another 4 - 8 weeks for the next round.

No word from immyc so Dschuetz got the bag.

I just sent out payment details to everyone! Lets get those payments in so we can get delivery!

Check is in the mail.
It has come to my attention that there was quite a stir up over my payment arriving late on that last group buy. If this caused any inconvenience for any one please accept my apology it was not my intent to create any problems. I know that Pay Pal is the preferred method of payment but I have had issues with them in the past and although I did use it once before on a group buy I really do prefer not to. The scheduled delivery date according to the confirmation from ING is October 1st.

Thank you,

Wilserbrewer & Tepe, received your payments! Thanks

Dschuetz, Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Check is in the mail.
It has come to my attention that there was quite a stir up over my payment arriving late on that last group buy. If this caused any inconvenience for any one please accept my apology it was not my intent to create any problems. I know that Pay Pal is the preferred method of payment but I have had issues with them in the past and although I did use it once before on a group buy I really do prefer not to. The scheduled delivery date according to the confirmation from ING is October 1st.

Thank you,

Mail from PA to NJ takes 1-2 days. When you write a "check" using the bill pay on your banks website it can take 1-2 WEEKS for delivery.

Hate to say it, but why not just make it a requirement to pay for these group buys via PayPal to make it fair for everyone that goes in on the buy? Since the demand is obviously high here I doubt making this policy change would cause any problems... if they want the grains bad enough they will use PayPal.

Mail from PA to NJ takes 1-2 days. When you write a "check" using the bill pay on your banks website it can take 1-2 WEEKS for delivery.

Hate to say it, but why not just make it a requirement to pay for these group buys via PayPal to make it fair for everyone that goes in on the buy? Since the demand is obviously high here I doubt making this policy change would cause any problems... if they want the grains bad enough they will use PayPal.

+1

Just sent my payment. Thanks Lordura!

Paid via paypal! Thanks Jeff!!!

Merc, and everyone concerned, I normally stay out of this, but I've heard enough. If you want paypal to be THE requirement, then YOU need to start organizing these. If you aren't willing to do it, then I suggest you keep quiet. Also, if you are that desperate for grain, and can't wait another week, then you either need to stock more grain or find another source to get you through until the grain comes in.

Merc, and everyone concerned, I normally stay out of this, but I've heard enough. If you want paypal to be THE requirement, then YOU need to start organizing these. If you aren't willing to do it, then I suggest you keep quiet. Also, if you are that desperate for grain, and can't wait another week, then you either need to stock more grain or find another source to get you through until the grain comes in.

I am really not sure why you are speaking for lordura, because what I _suggested_ would make his life easier as well.

Paid via paypal! Thanks Jeff!!!

:mug:

I am really not sure why you are speaking for lordura, because what I _suggested_ would make his life easier as well.

I'm not speaking for him. I'm making a statement to you and other complainers that if you want to piss and moan then YOU need to do something about it (by organizing these grain buys)....but apparently comprehension isn't one of your finer traits.

I'm certain your suggestion would make it easier to organize your own group grain buy as well.... When did you plan on starting that???????

Didnt realize I was throwing my +1 on such a hot button issue here (havent been involved since buy #2). I'm not that concerned with the extra wait..

This thread got nasty quick

A great book: "How to win friends and influence people"... great advice in there on how to deal with people who don't see the situation the same way you do. Defacing someone's character rarely changes their opinion.

I'm not speaking for him. I'm making a statement to you and other complainers that if you want to piss and moan then YOU need to do something about it (by organizing these grain buys)....but apparently comprehension isn't one of your finer traits.

I'm certain your suggestion would make it easier to organize your own group grain buy as well.... When did you plan on starting that???????

Well I certainly wasn't trying to start an argument here... but you are speaking for him as my comments had nothing to do with you. What makes it worse is that you are telling me to start my own group buy like you have organized this one. And just for the record I made a suggestion, not a complaint. Please end this here and do not reply.

Back