Visiting Cleveland Ohio 16-19

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadDoc

Reaction score
I'll be Macadonia ish area... lil bit south of Cleveland Ohio. I know my bro and I will be getting with his WOW buddies to go drinking and that and was wondering if maybe get together while up there.

We will have no car that we can drive so I am not sure what the plans will be. I know someone was talking to me earlier about doing Great Lakes Brewery.

great lakes is an awesome brewery. Oh what I'd pay for an elliot ness out in WA. Not much there except for great lakes, brewery speaking...

Great Lakes is a great brewpub to visit. Good food and some really good beers. The brewpub only beers are usually worth trying and the regular ones are ofcourse very good.

And while your there right around the corner is the Bier Markt. That is a great bar specializing Belgian style beers. They have a pretty good draft selection and more in the bottle. Plus the frites (fries) are excellent. The atmosphere here is more trendy while Great Lakes is more pub like.

Let me know when/if you intend to go downtown. I may be able to meet you there. It has been awhile since I've been there.

You may have a problem getting anywhere from Macedonia without a car. It is not too far to drive to Cleveland but you are well outside any public transportation.

Craig

Not much there except for great lakes, brewery speaking...

Not true. Great Lakes is a great brewery and brew pub however it is not the only player in the area.

Downtown is also RockBottom and the ChopHouse (chain brewpubs with decent beer) RockBottom is more nightclub/bar and ChopHouse is a steak house.

Indigo Imp is a brewery that just opened up. No brewpub yet.

East of town is Willoughby Brewing Company. Their Daisy Cutter IPA is really good and I like the food.

On the west side is Rocky River Brewing and Buckeye Beer Engine.

Southwest is the BrewKeeper - a brew-on-premise that is also a bar. They always have several of their own creations on tap as well as some good micros.

So you do have some good choices in town. Nothing like Seattle but still not a beer desert either.

Craig

There's a Winking Lizard in Macedonia that has a really good selection of beers. They have a 170 beer World Tour (although you only need to drink 100). I'm pretty sure they have DFH 60 on tap right now.

well... apparently the people from my brother guild, WOW, will probably be picking us up.

It will either be Saturday or Sunday night... who knows maybe even Friday. Need to talk with bro.

Back