Hamilton's Tavern - San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
What a great bar in San Diego's South Park neighborhood. They had an amazing lineup of beers on for the Craft Brewer's Conference last week. Particularly the Drakes cask Imperial Stout. 2 versions aged 4 years in port barrels. One with cherries added and the other with blueberries. They were woody, sour and complex. Also, a great selection of California beers that I don't have the opportunity to get in Seattle.

I had a great night of drinking with fellow brewer's in town for the conference and had the great pleasure of meeting and talking with Hamilton himself.

When visiting San Diego or, for you folks that live in the area that have yet to stop by this wonderful beer bar, Hamilton's is a must stop for beer lovers.

I just wish they poured this good of lineup when I was living in San Diego 20 years ago. This definitely isn't Sparky's. :D

We had dinner at Hamilton's last night. The burger we had, the blue boy, was easily the best "fancy burger" I've ever had. By "fancy" I mean a burger that has more than just cheese on it. It was hand made, cooked perfectly and it came with sharp cheddar and Pt. Reyes Bleu Cheese on it. holy cow it was good.

Being a true San Diego hop head, I prefer the beer line up at O'Brien's and The Liars Club a little more, but Hamilton's is great because they ALWAYS Have several beers on I've never heard of before.

It's rough living in San Diego :D

Man this place is awesome. hands down my favorite bar.

I just found out on St. Patrick's day they will have Pliny the Younger on tap and Marin Irish Red on cask.

Today was Alesmith day and they had corned beef cooked in Wee Heavy with matching mustard, Extra pale boiled cabbage, bailey's irish cream mashed potatoes, some sort of beer bread, and speedway stout cakes.

Oh, and a cask of ESB.

Then it got too crowded and I came home, but it was great.

This is by far my favorite bar in SD. O'briens is good too. Liars Club was cool when it was by the beach...but it's too far away now. Blind Lady has a nice draft list as well

This is by far my favorite bar in SD. O'briens is good too. Liars Club was cool when it was by the beach...but it's too far away now. Blind Lady has a nice draft list as well

Liar's Club closed like 4 months ago. Louis is working at Hamilton's now.

I wonder if I've ever met any of you. I'm there kind of a lot. And I'm loud. And big.

Back