Road Trip = Beer Trip!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

half_whit

Reaction score
Hey folks
The lady o' mine is taking a road trip with her friend cross country from PA, down to Alabama and then out toward's LA. She said "I'll miss you!" to which I immediately replied "I'm giving you a shopping list. Oh... and I'll miss you too!"

So my question is this: What are some awesome beers you folks in the south and out west enjoy that I probably have never heard of...that I really SHOULD hear of. I like IPAs, brown ales, Trappist style ales.... but hey if it's good I'll try whatever! :mug:

half_whit said:
Hey folks
The lady o' mine is taking a road trip with her friend cross country from PA, down to Alabama and then out toward's LA. She said "I'll miss you!" to which I immediately replied "I'm giving you a shopping list. Oh... and I'll miss you too!"

So my question is this: What are some awesome beers you folks in the south and out west enjoy that I probably have never heard of...that I really SHOULD hear of. I like IPAs, brown ales, Trappist style ales.... but hey if it's good I'll try whatever! :mug:

You should route her trip for her!

I recently took a road trip from MD through VA and NC to SC. I used rate beer to see what was available in each state as I passed through. Also, if you know that she is going to make an over night stop in certain areas, then you can search for good bottle stores there and call to find out what they have that is strictly local. Ask for suggestions and add them to the list.

So far people are telling me Pliny the Elder is a must have. Anyone down south-westerly feel like chiming in??

Back