whats in the pipeline for Christmas/seasonal brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maple Weizenbock, Black IIPA, Horrible Human ( like Arrogant Bastard ), Dark Saison, Christmas Cracker ( English winter warmer ), Pale Ale made with local experimental hops, Dubbel and a Belgian Golden. Most are 10 gallon batches so I can bottle for gifts and put the rest on tap. :)

.whats the maple sap wine like? We got a brewer up in Vermont who has won numerous awards for his maple beer...almost no water, just maple over a very long boil. Its released in such small amounts that there is virtually no distribution of it. He ages it in maple liquor barrells...here is a link:

http://www.lawsonsfinest.com/

When I lived in new hampshire I'd boil maple sap down to 1.100
Living in washington I have to thin grade A light amber down with water.
Just ferment it dry with nutrient and lavlin 1118 or 1116 and wait a year or so.

I'm also not big on spiced beers and I did not plan far enough ahead to do a big Belgian or stout so I just brewed an imperial amber IPA. It is my first Holiday ale and it is entirely my recipe so I hope it turns out good.

I just tasted my old ale and I'm not so sure I'll be ready to drink a few during the holidays or even before spring. It's showing promise, but it clocks in at a respectable 10% and it is boozy, young and brash. Not hot, but there's more than a few notes of alcohol: spicy, rummy, sweet and round in the mouth. It's also very fruity (plum, berries), moreso than the 62-64F internal fermentation temperatures would indicate, but I've read somewhere that S-04 tends to be very fruity in high gravity brews.

I'll leave the beer be a few weeks on the yeast and then bottle.

I gave a good friend of mine my red ale recipe and he made it with a bunch of pumpkin pie filling in it! This beer tastes amazing!!

ForumRunner_20121012_191738.jpg

Hydrometer reading on my Saffron Tripel shows 1.000--making for approximate ABV of ~10.5% :). Saffron, muted Abbey yeast character & bitter orange with almost no booziness and little warmth. Put it on CO2 and started crash cool today to be ready for the 12 beers of Christmas exchange! :)

I've got a Punkin Pie Barleywine that is sampling absolutely fantastic. OG 1.112 FG 1.028. 5lbs of spiced pumpkin pie filling with 10 minutes left in the boil. Going to bottle next week hopefully so it has plenty of time to carb.

I have 5 gallons of the caramel apple pie cider. It is for gifts, but there should be a few bottles left for me. :)

I've got a Gulden Draak clone that was brewed between Christmas and New Years and will be kegged by Halloween. I have a Tripel in Primary, and am brewing a Bourbon Vanilla Porter next week.

I just bottled a spiced peach belgian-esque for holiday + host/ess gifts, and I'm finishing up a cranberry-weizen as a holiday meal accompaniment.

Just 8 days after bottling and my Christmas ale is almost fully carbed up and sitting at about 8% ABV! I had to crack one and see how it was doing, its nice and smooth.. a little cinnamon up front but that will fade with time.. Nice off white head, beautiful ruby color! Awesome! I cant wait til Christmas Eve!!

ForumRunner_20121014_162737.jpg

ForumRunner_20121014_162800.jpg

I've got a cherry dubbel in secondary. It's really more of a triple in strength, but a dubbel in style, about 10% ABV. Tart cherries went in about 4 weeks ago, will stay in until beginning of December, when it moves to a keg.

2 brews.

A chocolate milk stout for SWMBO & a Great Lakes christmas ale clone for me.
And I know that we'll trade back & forth. :)

Just 8 days after bottling and my Christmas ale is almost fully carbed up and sitting at about 8% ABV! I had to crack one and see how it was doing, its nice and smooth.. a little cinnamon up front but that will fade with time.. Nice off white head, beautiful ruby color! Awesome! I cant wait til Christmas Eve!!

View attachment 79526

View attachment 79527

Gorgeous beer.

Just made a black pumpkin winter warmer saison. It fermenting now and smells awesome.

Just brewed a nice porter on friday night, threw a fat wlp002 starter in there and it looked like this saturday morning!!

ForumRunner_20121015_114714.jpg

Its a recipe that i found on this forum. The name of the thread is "Holly (Christmas ale)" i found it under recipes, specialty beer. Absolutely the best tasting Christmas ale ive brewed and tasted!
Cheers!

Mayan themed 12212012 spiced chocolate porter. If the world holds together long enough it should be great for Christmas. I was looking at the holly Christmas ale. I'm running out of time to brew it though.

Patro said:
Mayan themed 12212012 spiced chocolate porter. If the world holds together long enough it should be great for Christmas. I was looking at the holly Christmas ale. I'm running out of time to brew it though.

I brewed the holly christmas ale a month ago and its very drinkable now. If you got down this week i bet you'd be ok for Christmas!

Blackberry Porter is finished and on tap! Gonna bottle off a couple gallons of it and let it sit for a while.

ForumRunner_20121024_070825.jpg

Just opened a bottle of my Spiced Peach Belgian-ish winter-gift brew last night to see how it turned out. Everyone who had a taste is *very* pleased. And it'll only get better by December!

Blackberry Porter is finished and on tap! Gonna bottle off a couple gallons of it and let it sit for a while.

Sounds very tasty - I make a Blueberry porter, never thought of blackberry.

I brewed my Black IIPA last Sunday, and I have an Oatmeal Porter planned for this Sunday. Gotta get my pipeline full again.

brrman said:
Sounds very tasty - I make a Blueberry porter, never thought of blackberry.

I brewed my Black IIPA last Sunday, and I have an Oatmeal Porter planned for this Sunday. Gotta get my pipeline full again.

Im actually really really glad i only used half of the 4 oz bottle of blackberry exttact cuz it would have been to much it i used it all!
I have a black IPA recipe i havnt done in a few years, thanks for bringing that up! I think ill brew that this weekend!!

Latest posts

Back