Greetings from Toronto!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theminister

Reaction score
Hello All ... new guy from Toronto here. I've only recently stumbled upon the hobby of craft brewing and this website is a godsend.
I look forward to sponging up some knowledge and sharing experiences with the community!

Its good to see a fair number of Canadians on this board... i know the question's been asked before, but where do all you guys find your supplies? (Is it just me or is Canada light years behind the US in this regard?)

The few places I've read about thus far include....
http://www.canadianhomebrewing.ca/shop/
http://www.paddockwood.com/
Soda Centre and Home Brewers Retail (Cant find website)

Can anyone attest to pricing/quality of these guys or offer up suggestions on other good suppliers in Canada?

Thanks!
Rich

Howdy fellow Canucks!

I use paddockwood for ingredients I can't source locally. Their prices are very competitive and if I use Xpress-post for shipping I often get things within 2-3 days (gotta love Canada Post).

There is definitely not as much available online in Canada. When I started acquiring my kegging supplies I had a difficult time finding what I needed. Paddockwood does have a bunch of stuff but it's kind of pricey. I use kegworks.com for that stuff now. They do Canadian orders in Canadian dollars and use some service that includes customs fees in your shipping charges (borderfree or borderless or something, I can't remember).

I've ordered the odd item from Austin Homebrew Supply just because it's so popular. They really do have a great selection and the prices are good but they only ship to Canada with UPS and they KILL you with brokerage fees. I ordered an aeration kit for 31USD and UPS billed me 23CDN in brokerage. Ouch.

Back