New Photoshop is NUTS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting back to the original post, the new Photoshop is indeed pretty awesome (I have it). You can get it for literally a fraction of the normal retail price (either stand alone or as part of a suite) if you are or know someone who is a student at a university or college that has an agreement with Adobe (you buy it thru the school) - you can get the listing of schools from Adobe. If you have or know a kid in high school or below (all the way down to 1st grade) you can still get it for a lot less than normal retail - but not as good as the deal for college students. I got the Web Design Suite (something like8 different Adobe programs, including Photoshop) a couple months ago for $275 (normal retail is $1500). Check it out.

EDIT: I have CS4, not the new CS5 due to come out later this month.

Just don't get caught using the academic version for professional work. Adobe frowns upon that. Personally and I know it sucks but if you are a professional needing these tools you really should purchase them. The upgrades from suite to suite are usually the same as the academic discounts. So once you make the initial investment the future releases are much cheaper for you. The peace of mind of having legitimate software for your profession is well worth the investment. but.... if you just use it for fun sure go for the academic or look for one of those "T" word files.

Back