Logo/Graphic artist recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kulprit

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to ask those of you that have used graphic artists to work on your logo's if you could let me know.

We are currently in the process of getting our license packet in order and we wanted to start rolling with a logo. We are fully prepared to pay the professional rate, and I have used several great graphic artists before in my business, but the idea is if we could find a guy with experience with beer type stuff already that would be great.

Needs to translate nicely to stuff like bottle labels, tap handles, and merch so it can be a bit tricky. Trying to explain to an inexperienced graphic artist what is needed on a beer bottle label can be troublesome haha. So familiarity with the format would be great.

Unfortunately I would ask that it be only professionals, as we would probably want to be able to go back to them months/years down the road for more work/edits/add-ons you get the idea. Don't want to get burned using someone who may disappear 6 months later =(

Thanks for your time...

Well, I could certainly offer up a few suggestions, but knowing where you are at would help.

How did you find designers before?
I would also offer up that a good designer is a good designer. Doesnt matter what the project is. Finding a designer that does just beer labels might get you exactly the same thing everyone else has. Find someone who's work blows you away. The'll find make sure it works for your needs.

I used AmosInk (Allison Smith) to create the 3 Dog Brewery logo. I had a real good working communications with her and she listened to my suggestions and used her creativity when I asked her to.

Patrick Carlson of bbqlogos.com is a very inexpensive graphic artist who does BBQ Teams Logos, Beer Labels etc. He is a good guy who works with you on your design and not charge until you are happy with the result. He charges $200 and he did our BBQ Team Logo.

Back