So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just added 8oz of Maple Syrup to my Maple Brown Ale after three days in the primary. Going to let it sit for another 3-4 weeks and then bottle!

What do you do when your team is in the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1997??? You brew a saison and call it Lord Stanley Saison, of course! GO FLYERS!!!

Quick question: Looking to brew (my first) lager on Monday. Just got home from the LHBS, have all my ingredients ready to go.

Just smacked the pack of wyeast 2007 (activator), going to do a starter tonight.

Will it be ready in time if I brew Monday morning?

Just ptiched Round 2 of LL Cool Brown. Something was off on the first batch so i made some adjustments and we'll see by and by.

Quick question: Looking to brew (my first) lager on Monday. Just got home from the LHBS, have all my ingredients ready to go.

Just smacked the pack of wyeast 2007 (activator), going to do a starter tonight.

Will it be ready in time if I brew Monday morning?

Depends on if you want to pour off and just pitch the slurry or pitch the whole thing at the peak. 24 hours for the latter.

What do you do when your team is in the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1997??? You brew a saison and call it Lord Stanley Saison, of course! GO FLYERS!!!

+1 to the Go Flyers!

Just finished brewing a batch of a Victory Hop Devil clone and am getting ready to brew a batch of an amber ale while I watch the Flyers play later.

Depends on if you want to pour off and just pitch the slurry or pitch the whole thing at the peak. 24 hours for the latter.

I will pitch the whole thing at peak, but it's looking like I am going to need close to a 1 gallon starter for a 5 gallon batch of lager! :confused: :(

The Lady is going to see Sex in the City with her friends, so I get to brew and watch game 1!

BM's Centennial Blonde with a bit of I-didn't-have-it subs and a bit of orange.

8# 2 row
12 oz. Dextrine
8 oz. Vienna
4 oz. C-60

10g Centennial 4.0 @55
10g Centennial 4.0 @35
16g Cascade 5.9 @15
1oz sweet orange @15
16g Cascade 5.9 @5

Notty @ 65

We'll see how it goes. Should be coming to a boil any time now.

ended up 1.036 @ 6.5 gallons. Since I ferment in a corny, I put 1/2 gallon in a growler, and added peppercorns. We'll see. I looked through the spice drawer and that's the only thing I found that would possibly work. Just flying by the seat of my pants.

This should be the last stovetop brew I have. The next one should be on my electric system which should be built by the end of next month.

B

sorry boys... drinking beer after working all weekend. Will brew next week. most likely thursday evening... might even webcast it. :)

I plan on bottling a nut brown ale, SN clone, and another APA today. I also plan on brewing a Saison and an ESB this afternoon.

A golden ale recipe.
First lesson learnt: If you use an extension cable make sure you fully unroll it or else there's a good prospect of burning down the brewery.:mad:

Brewed a Two-Hearted clone yesterday and planning to brew my CitrAm pale ale tomorrow. Weather permitting of course.

Just mashed in for a sorta-summer ale. It's loosely based on the contemporary summer ale from Radical Brewing; I added a couple ounces of roasted barley just for fun, and I'll be using Wyeast 1007 saved from last week's wheat beer bottling.

Just finished moving one batch to secondary & starting my brew day of two AG batches... Irish Stout & APA.

wish me luck as that's a lot of drinking and brewing.

I'm doing a pale ale today. Just trying to come up with a simple, cheap recipe that I like to drink a lot. Experimenting is fun but I want something consistent in the pipeline at all times.

Party yesterday, party today.. brew tomorrow. Here is the line up for tomorrow:

10gal - AHS Low Carb Ale (request from the ladies in my life)
10gal - Apfelwein (to be ready by christmas for gifts)
10gal - Basic honey mead

Going to be a busy day!

Going to have lunch here soon and then fire up the strike water. Brewing 5.5 gallons of red based on Saccharomyces' 1st Place HBT Irish Red.

Only a couple differences from the original recipe:
- Using Carafa Special II 400L instead of roasted barley
- Using Nottingham and, as needed to keep body due to notty's high attenuation, mashing around 152*F

I brewed up a Berliner Weiss 2 days ago, and I just finished brewing a Bitter this morning. Now time to go dig a bed to plant some hops I found at the local nursery.

Bank holiday in Ireland this weekend and so I am hoping to brew a version of O'Flainnegain's Standard Stout (AG)

No brewing this weekend but I will be bottling 6 gallons of amber ale and 6 gallons of hefeweizen tonight. Gonna be a long night.

I'm doing Yooper's House Pale Ale this weekend. I'm also considering bottling my oatmeal stout. I might just let it sit another week, though.

I have an Orval and a Duvel clone mashing as we speak/type..... finish up tomorrow. Both 5 gallons in size, using Wyeast 1388. For the Duvel, thinking about adding about 2 cups or so of pear juice for bottling.

Brewing 5 gallon batch of https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f59/viva-vienna-lager-76480/ today. Going to use S-05, as the originally poster did, but ferment in my new chest freezer. This will be the first batch fermented in my freezer. Hoping I get a kegging system before this is ready to drink, as I have no empty bottles after bottling 5 gallons each of Witbier and mead over the last few weeks.

just started my mash on a 70 Schilling, did a Rye PA couple days ago.... hopefully will get another one in with in the next week so i can have full primary's going while i'm out of town in a couple weeks.

Going to do a mild today. Just got a kegerator, so I wanted to make something I can have on tap quickly. Next week I'll probably brew up something like an IPA...haven't decided yet.

Latest posts

Back