Where to buy beer? NJ and NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mavrick1903 said:
I'll be traveling in Princeton NJ and White Plains NY this next week. Looking for suggestions for decent selection bottle shops.

Not exactly answering your question but triumph in downtown princeton is a great place. If you want to take some back to your hotel they sell growlers.

Hmmm, let me try to remember what's good. There's a decent shop in Princeton not too far from Nassau street (the street that runs just outside the college) I looked online and I think it's the public wine beer and spirits on Witherspoon Street. I dont' remember much but they had Santa's Little Helper there and I enjoyed that.

if you're travelling from Princeton to White Plains, I assume you'll likely be taking route 1 to the GSP or maybe it has you going towards 287 well regardless, what's not too far of a detour, maybe a half hour is my current 2 favorite liquor stores around me, both on Route 18 in East Brunswick. Marketplace Wines and Spirits and Wine World. Wine World is the smaller of the 2 but they often have awesome beers there and usually have my favorite 12 mix packs in stock (Brooklyn or Victory) It also doesn't hurt that I have a card that saves me 2 bucks on any 12 packs from there. I haven't been to Marketplace in awhile to tell you have they have now, but they had a very impressive beer selection.

But as far as in princeton, Public is the only place I've been to and woudl recommend. According to my friend they've expanded their craft beer selection as well.

For the White Plains area, DeCicco Food Market in Ardsley has a nice selection of beer. Also try Captain Lawrence Brewery in Elmsford.

If ther is a CANALs liquor store in your area I HIGHLY recommend going to find it. They have an awesone selection of beer

If ther is a CANALs liquor store in your area I HIGHLY recommend going to find it. They have an awesone selection of beer

If you're talking about Joe Canal's the nearest one to Princeton is the one I mentioned in Hamilton Market place and there's also one on Route 1 in Lawrenceville but that area is a bit of a zoo. What's closer depends on where you are in Princeton. There is aalso one on route 1 in Woodbridge (technically Iselin) that could be on your way to White Plains if you take one to the GSP. They also have Growlers they sell at the one in Woodbridge and Lawrenceville so those 2 are my favorite Canals. This is a list of what they have on Growler right now.

http://www.jcanals.com/jcsgrowlers.php

Stop by captain Lawrence brewery. They are only 10-15 min drive from white plains.

For the White Plains area, DeCicco Food Market in Ardsley has a nice selection of beer. Also try Captain Lawrence Brewery in Elmsford.

x2 for these, they're not to miss.

Captain Lawrence is awesome... although they seem to have strange hours at the new brewery, so you'll have to check in advance if you do plan on stopping by.

Back