Any Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris_Dog said:
For cleaning the inside of a blowoff hose?
I hook mine upt to the shop sink that has a male garden hose adapter. It's a tight fit and I run hot water through it.

The gunk is usually still very wet and cleans right out. After that, I soak it in my sink of bleach water solution.

I drop it into my carboy when I soak it with OXYCLEAN. It tends to cloud up the tubing but it cleans it really well.

John

Chris_Dog said:
Forgive my ignorance... If I push my blowoff hose in my carboy I will need to break the glass to get it out..

I JUST did that and it was a HUGE PITA to get out. I'd suggest that you use a bucket.

I have a smaller bottle brush connected at the handle to a 4 foot length of wire. I then run the wire end through the blow off hose and pull the brush through the tube. It cleans all the crud off really well.

I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's a dedicated blow-off tube. Run some oxyclean through it and sanitize it before each use, but don't spend too much time on it.

Found this post late, but I put mine in a bucket with the open ends facing up, and fill it up with hot water and let it soak over night.

Works like a charm.

- magno

Back