What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello said:
Well, went for a long walk with the pooch. Bottled my apfelwein and drank some along the way. :D Made chili but it is runny, I hope it thickens up but chances are it will not. :mad: I've never mad chili on my own before. I racked the apfelwein over 32 oz of apple juice and 10 oz of dextrose. Will carb a bit in bottles and pasteurize. I'm tired. :( Good thing no one wants to hang out tonight, I may actually have to get pretty and get out of my hanging out shorts. :D
Try making a mixture or water and either flour or corn starch. Then add it to the chili! Usually works for me.

image-1296310458.jpg

MrNickVT said:
Try making a mixture or water and either flour or corn starch. Then add it to the chili! Usually works for me.
I did what any respectable lady would do, added more meat. :)

Have you had the warlock? Very disappointing IMO, I had it on tap. Left it warm up a bit because cold it had almost no pumpkin. Heavy bready, graham cracker, first and spiced barley soon to follow. Not on the same playing field as pumpking?

So far today I've emptied a 2L growler of HF Edward and now I'm onto my 3rd heady. I love being a homer :)

As long as you keep driving that Prius, you'll be the life of the party in VT. :tank:

Enjoying a Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout and boiling some DME to get a yeast starter going for my next batch.

ImperialStout.jpg

image-3890133183.jpg

Weyerbacher Riserva

Less puckery sour than I remember the 2011 being. Not sure if this vintage is different or if my palate has changed since I last had it

RDG529 said:
Have you had the warlock? Very disappointing IMO, I had it on tap. Left it warm up a bit because cold it had almost no pumpkin. Heavy bready, graham cracker, first and spiced barley soon to follow. Not on the same playing field as pumpking?
I haven't but everyone on seems to say that warlock trumps pumking!

Remmy said:
As long as you keep driving that Prius, you'll be the life of the party in VT. :tank:
? I drive a company car that I pay nothing for! A 2012 Chevy equinox, i would rather drive a Prius then that thing! But my girl works at a Toyota dealership. So if you're in the buying mood I can hook you up!

Had 2 tröegs pale ales at the local vfw now enjoying this he said Baltic porter pumpkin colab with Elysian and 21st amendment I'm impressed on this one amazing brew

image-3402314229.jpg

1fast636 said:
Had 2 tröegs pale ales at the local vfw now enjoying this he said Baltic porter pumpkin colab with Elysian and 21st amendment I'm impressed on this one amazing brew
Wow all my local VFW has is switchback on draft and maybe if I'm lucky long trail bottles!

MrNickVT said:
? I drive a company car that I pay nothing for! A 2012 Chevy equinox, i would rather drive a Prius then that thing! But my girl works at a Toyota dealership. So if you're in the buying mood I can hook you up!

I only do Germans.

ChefRex said:
Leave it on the stove on the lowest setting over night, it'll thicken up, I do this most times i make it, chili and eggs in the morning:ban: HB porter for me.
Man! That sounds amazing! I crock pot it. I was delicious. Used a variety of peppers from a bartender at a brewery.

I can't wait until tomorrow when more of the flavors set in. I love awesome dinners so much.

image-916892401.jpg

Latest posts

Back