Keg won't seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiny_norman

Reaction score
One of my pin-lock kegs won't seal unless I put CO2 in there at 30 psi. The problem is that if I then vent it the seal breaks (I can see and hear the sanitized water bubble through the lid). I was planning on naturally carbing this one by priming the keg. (And force-carbing at 12 psi isn't enough to create a seal in any case). What are my options...?

seal at 30 psi for around 6 hours or over night and if you vent the next day and the seal leaks then there is either something wrong with the seal or the keg is mis-shaped (as had happened with mine). I had alot of trouble with this when i first started but you need to give the seal enough to to reform to the shape while its compressed under 30 psi. Then you should be fine

One of my pin-lock kegs won't seal unless I put CO2 in there at 30 psi. The problem is that if I then vent it the seal breaks (I can see and hear the sanitized water bubble through the lid). I was planning on naturally carbing this one by priming the keg. (And force-carbing at 12 psi isn't enough to create a seal in any case). What are my options...?
I did a writup a while ago that might help you.
Keg Lid Geometry & Adjustment

Anyway, I hope it helps.

Back