New to kegging, forgot to attach liquid outpost while carbing, am I hosed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba_drums

Reaction score
I'm new to kegging, actually had a decent experience with beveragefactory.com to get a fridge, and paired it with Northern Brewers flex keg draft system. After making a rookie mistake and neglecting to add the flare washers to the gas lines resulting in a completely drained CO2 tank. I refilled the tank, added the flare washers and checked for leaks. It appears to be holding at the 15lbs I have both my kegs set at, however I don't have my liquid out lines hooked up, but the kegs are under pressure.

Can I simply cut the CO2 at the regulator and attach the liquid post, or do I need to stop the force carb, attach the post and start over?

Thanks!

You're fine. You can leave the lines off until you're done carbing, or you can hook them up now if you like. Shouldn't make any difference. Also, there's no need to cut the co2 when you attach the liquid out lines.

Cheers!

Back