• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

35 Gallon Fermenter on Seattle Craiglist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you are in Seattle, and are completely opposed to using Ebay, don't buy from this guy. you can get them on ebay for 300 plus frieght shipping cost.

How much do freight costs run typically? How often do they show up on ebay?

I'm actually some what curious as I'm thinking if I ever move from my current house, I will be getting an out building for a nanobrewery. I know this type of stuff shows up on CL in the Portland and Seattle areas from time to time, so it'd be nice to know what going rates are for this type of equipment.

Out of curiosity I asked for a shipping quote from CA to Portland. About $165 so it's coming in about $100 less than the Craigslist offer. With the extra mileage to Seattle and the ability to touch/smell/see the local offer it may not be a bad deal.

Quote was just for one. IF I could afford any right now it would just be one. That would be my only argument against your rationale.

those things have been on the San Diego CL for the past year or so for $335 or $350 each. Seems like a great deal, I just have no use for one right now

Just an FYI I got two of these tanks from the ebay source... Sweet deal and tanks look good, just have to figure out what to do with all of the inlets/outlets.

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02146.jpeg

Just an FYI I got two of these tanks from the ebay source... Sweet deal and tanks look good, just have to figure out what to do with all of the inlets/outlets.

Sweet! I was able to get a $140 delivery price on a pallet of 4 but I am still trying to reconcile how I would use/move/brew with them, LOL! First things first, right? HAHA

What is your plans for them? Fermentation only?

Yes for now just fermenters... Just have to figure out how I want to set them up and temperature control them. It's cool they can handle pressure so I could rack with CO2, I just wonder if I need to or if the little dish on the bottom is deep enough that I could blow the cake off after primary and leave the beer to age in the same vessel.

Back