Western CO pale malt group buy, short notice.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLObrewer

Reaction score
Hey Montrose/Delta area,
We have a group buy going on right now of 2 row pale from the new Colorado Malting Co. in Alamosa. Price right now is 80 cents/lb in 50lb sacks unless we get to 1000lbs, then it drops to 65 cents/lb.

They are delivering to Montrose on Tuesday, 12-08, so the latest I can order is Monday morning, 12-07. You will need to be able to pick it up in Delta or Montrose some time thereafeter. Sorry for the short notice, I don't know if there is even anyone on here from this territory, let me know by email: [email protected] or call my cell at 970-497-9842.
Vern.:rockin:

I will have to keep that in mind. I am in glenwood but I am not ready for grain right now.

If you let me know when you are ready we may be ready again also, with orders from the local brew club we did get to 500 lbs and were able to get it for 80 cents/lb.

Or, If we're not ready I could probably sell you a sack personally, do you ever get to Delta or Montrose?

Hey COLO-

I just participated in a big buy with some front rangers last week.....when do you think you may have another group buy?

Hey COLO-

I just participated in a big buy with some front rangers last week.....when do you think you may have another group buy?

It's hard to say, we've just started up the local club again and it all depends on how much people use. I guess Colorado malting doesn't deliver to anyone closer to you? I was surprised to hear that they are through this area every month or so.

I'll try to get the word out sooner next time we do this. I've heard their malt is excellent and even at the higher price it's cheaper than the homebrew shop in Grand Junction which is $63/50lb of pale.

COLO-

No they'll deliver here, since they stop at Durango Brewing and Carvers, but I just happened to be in Denver last week and we were able to get enough people for .65 per pound.
Did you come down for the 3 club homebrew hoedown at ska in Oct?

If you let me know when you are ready we may be ready again also, with orders from the local brew club we did get to 500 lbs and were able to get it for 80 cents/lb.

Or, If we're not ready I could probably sell you a sack personally, do you ever get to Delta or Montrose?

I will probably be ready in jan sometime. I am going to Ouray and silverton new years weekend, not sure I will be ready by then but could be an option.

I joined a club in glenwood. They get bulk buys with the local brewpub. I might try that option too.

COLO-

No they'll deliver here, since they stop at Durango Brewing and Carvers, but I just happened to be in Denver last week and we were able to get enough people for .65 per pound.
Did you come down for the 3 club homebrew hoedown at ska in Oct?

I missed it, I think I was hunting, got way too much to do for some reason.

Back